Cannot lock the car with the key ring

Started by Jethro64, October 22, 2012, 10:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jethro64

I have a problem with my 147 T Spark, I cannot lock the car with the key, I can open the boot with the key but cannot lock the doors. The battery seems fine and it clicks a couple of times and the indicators blink two times after trying to lock.
Can anyone help me?

dipper

I have had this problem for months too. A new battery helped (some days) but I had more success by removing and then replacing ALL the fuses on the suggestion of my Alfa mechanic. However intermittently doors still don't lock, and ditto the boot.
Got:
2001 Alfa 147 TS
1989 Alfa 75
Had:
1976 Alfetta
1981 Alfasud
1983 Alfasud

Cool Jesus

Open all your doors then disconnect the battery. While the battery is disconnected go around and lubricate hinges, handles and locks with grease or oil depending on access and just check to see if anything is stiff or stuck. If the system detects an obstruction such as a hinged part being a little stiff it reverts back. Removing the battery merely resets the system, particularly the door function with doors open. See how you go with this. I'm sure I've seen a more technical reason for the doors double clicking on you in this manner. I'll have a search for it when I get home. Oh, just to be clear I've assumed by the term 'key' you are using the actual key blade and or the remote button?

PS  thus should really have been posted in the 147 technical section?
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS