FS: 1989 3.0l 75

Started by w47ty, November 02, 2011, 02:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w47ty

I will get more details up shortly (including pics) but due to the recent arrival of a brand spanking QV Guilietta I am struggling to justify 3 Alfas in the garage. Now I am not going to get rid of the 2000GTV so the grey 75 has drawn the short straw.

So I thought I would give the forum some advanced notice. It does need some tlc but is mechanically sound. I will post a list of work done later with pics. There are a few rust spots but nothing major. The headlining has the usual 75 sag otherwise the upholstery isin fine fettle for its age.
The biggest issue is that the exhaust needs repairing as the final section has snapped. I am told relatively cheap and easy to do. I use it as a daily drive and has rego until March 2012. It was serviced and blue slipped first half of the year.

It is (IMHO) still good enough as daily drive but would of course benefit from some love and attention here and there or it would make a great donor vehicle.

As I say a more comprehensive description will be up later but I want to give you guys a heads up before whacking it on carsales.  Looking for approx $2.5k but will listen to sensible offers.

I should say that I (and the car) am now in Brisbane and no longer in Sydney.

feel free to PM for more info.

cheers

chris
75 2000 GTV
88 3.0 V6 75

Storm_X

"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

Darryl

Storm,
There are pics of the car in another thread if you bother to look.

Chris,
Know the feeling (I too have 3 Alfas in the garage - possibly more if you count parts and depends if a Subaru and/or a Jag win the race to get in). The Jag is on carsales...

You are tempting me to swap too many rotor caps for too many cylinders (or a Jag 6 for an Alfa one) but I might not survive the consequences...

Maybe you should enter the Concourse at Lakeside this weekend (are for sale stickers allowed?) - we could see who won the "75 daily drivers with sad headlining" division... or, given you have a "high flow" exhaust + good mechanicals the regularity is always an option?

w47ty

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=6620.30

I promise to get a fuller description and some recent pics up asap. sadly work is keeping away from a personal life at the moment.  Darryl is correct there are some pics on the 75 thread and the link is above. I have since replaced the wheels with orignal 75 alloys and the steering wheel is also back to original although i still have the momo in the garage somewhere,

Darryl - If you are suggesting you would like to add to your collection I would gladly oblige you :) I have seriously considered keeping it and veiwing it as a long term project to bring back to its former glory but the reality is I know i will never get round to it.

irritatingly I was looking forward to wheeling out the 2000 GTV at the weekend only to find out I have to go to Sydney!!!

Haha along with the sad headlining division we should probably enter the most cryptic and colourful ARC display contest. you know somewhere I read that if you close your eyes and concentrate the 3.0l will remind you of a Ferrari engine. Not sure how clever it is to close your eyes but the "high flow" exhaust definitely helps :)

anyway enough frivolity - Storm et al I will get some pics up real soon.  thanks for taking the time to respond

cheers

chris
75 2000 GTV
88 3.0 V6 75

Brad M

Quote from: Darryl on November 02, 2011, 11:29:35 PM

I wouldn't have bothered looking and would have asked for pics as well.

Cheers Chris for linking the thread in.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

turboalfa

Id buy this in a heart beat if it was in sydney or melbourne :(.

Decided 3.0L is great project for what im doing moving on from the twinspark and building a 3.0 12 valve turbo project. :) will start a thread when i have the right gear!
GTV6 3.0L

dehne

i know its off thread but turbo im sure there are people up for a road trip at ur expense to bring it back, gee ill do it just to experience driving a 3ltr 75
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

w47ty

ok time is gettign away from me and I promised some pics...here are a couple taken on the iphone. I havent had time to give the old girl a good wash and brush up yet so please forgive the slightly grubby appearance.  More detailed pics to follow.

i am going to be away for work tonight until Tuesday but please give me a call on my mobile if you want ot have a chat about it. 0437634077

thanks again for looking

cheers

chris
75 2000 GTV
88 3.0 V6 75

Storm_X

Quote from: Darryl on November 02, 2011, 11:29:35 PM
Storm,

Chris,
Know the feeling (I too have 3 Alfas in the garage - possibly more if you count parts and depends if a Subaru and/or a Jag win the race to get in). The Jag is on carsales...

You are tempting me to swap too many rotor caps for too many cylinders (or a Jag 6 for an Alfa one) but I might not survive the consequences...

Maybe you should enter the Concourse at Lakeside this weekend (are for sale stickers allowed?) - we could see who won the "75 daily drivers with sad headlining" division... or, given you have a "high flow" exhaust + good mechanicals the regularity is always an option?

just bought a new house and it has no internet. so i can onle use it at a friends for a limited time

Storm_X

I am giving up driving my Giulietta as a daily drive at the moment, so im looking for a new one.

i would appreciate if you can sent me a PM with the good and bad parts of the car. Also does the air con work ?

Darryl

Sorry about the tone Storm, I misjudged your motivation.

turboalfa

Yea the car looks also to good to wreck and put it in an alfetta by the looks of it....

Looks like something id be better of saving my time and doing that car and selling the alfetta with the little work ive done to make her look better then what she did!
GTV6 3.0L

turboalfa

How far away is it from Road worthiness?

GTV6 3.0L

w47ty

well it has a current blue slip and has rego until March 2012 and until last Monday when i got the QV it was my daily drive.

I would imagine the only issue in getting a new one is fixing the exhaust which as I have mentioned is apparently not expensive. I have been quoted approximetly $150-$200
75 2000 GTV
88 3.0 V6 75

w47ty

Hi Storm - did you get my PM? 

I am having some screwy issues with posts not viewing correctly or PM's not registering. Not sure what the issue is  but makes the whole thing a bit hit and miss at the moment.

anyway let me know and if you didnt get it i will try to send it again.

cheers

chris
75 2000 GTV
88 3.0 V6 75