Alfa 33 Turbo in Sydney

Started by Tarakai, September 23, 2011, 11:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarakai

Hi All

Just finished a turbo'd installation on a 16v 33 QV. If anybody wants some info on attempting something similar as a project, feel free to get in touch.

cheers Phil

dehne

hey there,
put some pics up if you can
thanks dehne
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Storm_X

pics and videos would be nice thanks
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

Tarakai

Hi guys - sorry to take so long for piccies. TD04l turbo now installed for street use rather than the TD05 16G I had installed. I decided to run with the mitsubishi turbos as they are cheap and they share the same turbine/dump flanges. It only takes me an hour to swap the turbos over. Boost now kicks in at 2800 rpm rather than waiting for the monstrous arse kick at 3800 rpm that the TD05 was giving. The td05 would be great for the track I guess. There will be less peak horse power but a greater midrange torque curve. I  initially had a basic tune done up to 3 psi boost as the manifold was lifting off its rubber mounts to the throttle bodies. I brought the car back and made some brackets to hold the manifold down. I will take the car back for a full tune with the TD04 in the next few days. engine specs to date as follows;

rebored to 88.00mm (1767cc)
crankshaft linished/polished
forged pistons (manufacturer unknown)
standard rods polished/balanced
C.P ratio down to 9.3:1 from 9.8:1
siemens deka 630cc injectors
Sachs button clutch
haltech sport 1000 ecu
haltech boost control solenoid
air/water intercooled
ignition direct fire 4 x LS1 coilpacks
turbo manifold - steampipe
dump pipe/ exhaust 2.5" 316 stainless
sard fuel pressure regulator
turbo - TD04l (current) or TD05 16g

cheers Phil

BradGTV

sweet, what sort of power you hoping to get out of it?
what computer u using?
79 gtv sr20, 83 gtv, 83 gtv6 3.0, 75 ts x 3, 85 gtv, 76 gt, 91 164, Subey L Series, S13 silvia, Bmw e30 318i, VT SS 6spd

Tarakai

It's a bit of an unknown as I am running 9.3:1 compression on UPL 98 RON. If I wanted bigger boost (greater than 15psi) I would lower down to 8.2:1 or so. My first tune with the TDO4, water intercooling etc I would be really happy to see peak HP at 220-250 HP. If I ran with the TD05 and say E85  fuel I am sure I would see up to or some say greater than 300HP but that would be dependant on head gaskets, head studs not to mention gearbox/ clutch reliability.

I am not really interested in peak HP rather I would prefer to have great mid-range torque, streetability and reliability. I may use two fuel maps and do a tune with E85 if I am unhappy with the outcome on  98 ULP

cheers Phil

Tarakai

Computer is a Haltech Sport 1000 with flying loom. It was the most expensive (actual dollars spent) by far item but it was also the most important. I was going to use a sprint 500 but the 32 x 32 tables and additional features allows the tuner to be really precise.