Selespeed System Failure - 2005 Alfa Romeo 147 selespeed

Started by zayed85, September 08, 2011, 10:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dehne

where out west are you, if you are mech minder it only takes about 20 mins to replace, anyone can do this
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

zayed85

I'm in Williams Landing (near Tarneit) i'll give them a call today.

It needs to be towed there, i could easily get any mechanic to change the part but how can i be certain its the pump, that's the problem

dehne

they way you can tell is that
A. if there is power getting to the pump
B. when you turn the car on and try to change gear there is no extra noise, (the pump pumping)
C. get someone to turn the car on a listen/feel the pump you will know if its working.
D. its the pump call bruno and work some thing out with him say pretty sure its the pump is it possible to try one and if that still does not work can i return it to you. but im 98% sure its the pump.
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

Anthony Miller

Take it to Bruno & Co at Maranello, if it's not the pump, he wont change it. What ever the problem is, they will plug it in and find out what is wrong then effect what repairs are needed after consulting you the owner. Bruno is not only a club sponsor but a life member of the club and certainly wont rip you off.
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

zayed85

Hi All,

Spoke to Bruno today, he called back - gonna take it in on Wednesday.

I actually realised i was testing where the relay is and not where the actual pump is, today when i disconnected the power cable going to the pump and tested it there was no power going to the pump.

Its giving me too much headache and sounds like Bruno will take care of the car so i'm taking it to the doc

Thanks for all your help guys, i'll keep you updated on how it all works out

zayed85

Hi All,

Turned out to be some wiring issues and the accumulator, it running now but still gives the error in reverse. Going to get the panel beating done and Bruno is going to look at the remaining issue.

Any ideas on the best place to get some spares - need headlights, rad support and re-enforcement

colcol

You could try one of our sponsors, Monza Motors in Bayswater, Hugh Harrison has been around the club a long time now, and lots of club members go there, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: zayed85 on September 26, 2011, 11:21:45 AM
Any ideas on the best place to get some spares - need headlights, rad support and re-enforcement

Monza Motors (03) 9720 4442 as Colin suggested.  Or Milano Spares in Thomastown (03) 9462 2138.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

zayed85

Hi Guys,

I've tried both, no luck with any used, Milano had some new parts.

Thanks

Zayed

dehne

try rocco on 0418410387 he will have all the parts your after, he is in sydney but will freight them to you if needed
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past