FS: 1967 105 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce

Started by acwt, February 23, 2011, 12:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acwt

Hi all,

I've got a 1967 105 series Giulia Sprint GT Veloce, currently in storage in Melbourne, looking for a good home or to be put to good use.

This car was my regular ride for about 5yrs whilst at university, and had plans to restore it in the future when the pay packet grew in stature. This, however, changed when I moved overseas for work and the car was placed in storage. What was supposed to be a 2yr secondment turned out to be 8yrs -  and it's been in storage for that long. I've just returned to Melbourne recently and need to sell it.

Reasons for selling are:
- two young kids
- a wife who prefers the niceties of a modern car and is not supportive of my need to relive my university days
- returning to ridiculous house prices and hence an equally ridiculous mortgage
- not wanting to incur more storage costs as there is no space at home
Exterior Condition: I'd say that its in pretty original condition and showing signs that its been in storage for 8yrs. Rust showing at the bottom of front wheel arch near the doors and on the bumpers. Missing chrome trim on rear window. Covered in dust. Tires flat.
Interior Condition: Tatty and very original. There are tears in the seat cover, door trim shows its age, snakebite headlining has staining, cabin lights missing covers, dashboard is the faux woodgrain and gray paneling also showing its age. Steering wheel installed is not original, but I do have the original. Missing the cigarette lighter / ash tray.
Last Driven: A bit over 8yrs ago and is unregistered
Chassis No (VIN): AR298226
Engine No: AR0054847438 (re-stamped with Vic Police No. VP9508260)
Other notes: Missing keys. Comes with Willians harness and Autobooks Owners workshop manual. The engine is a 1750 not a 1600.

I'm looking for offers on the whole car - not expecting much, any offer entertained.

email me on : acwt88@gmail.com

Photos are attached and I do have some additional ones that I can send out.

Cheers

Andrew

rick105

Hello, I am in the Alfa club of S.A. I am interested in building the car for sprinting with the Marque sports car club. Is this an acceptable future for your about to be, ex, Alfa of many years. Whether you imagined this or not, do you have a price in mind ? Maybe also, to ease your worries of falling in the wrong hands, I am old, 67, am a mechanic, have had many Alfa's, do have many spares available to support this project. Kind Regards, Stefan. Phone 08-8255-4363. Lve message.

AikenDrum105

You should really tuck that one away, and ask again when I don't have young kids, ridiculous house prices, and zero storage.

Of course, by then you won't have young kids either ...  ;)

Looks like a great project !

Cheers,

Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV

1600GTV

rob1

Is this sold yet?  Will you reply to your emails?

Brad M

Quote from: rob1 on March 04, 2011, 09:19:52 PM

Refer to
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=6681.msg39108#msg39108

As I suspect there are nefarious intentions here (again happy to be wrong).

Did anyone who contacted acwt, get a response?

Again this ACWT did not follow forum rules in posting an introduction, so he is on notice.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

pancho

Ok Guys, Seems I have missed a step somewhere here. I registered last night after seeing the previous owner has not had a chance to advise the others online here.

I have purchased this car as a project to replace my GTV6 project which never took off due to personal circumstances.

Heres a pic of it on the flatbed on it's way home from the storage garage.

Cheers,
Pancho.

aggie57

Quote from: Brad Marshall on March 05, 2011, 10:18:22 AM
Quote from: rob1 on March 04, 2011, 09:19:52 PM

Refer to
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=6681.msg39108#msg39108

As I suspect there are nefarious intentions here (again happy to be wrong).

Did anyone who contacted acwt, get a response?

Yes Brad. I swapped several emails with him. He seemed genuine.

Alister

Again this ACWT did not follow forum rules in posting an introduction, so he is on notice.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list