I found a source for axle bolts

Started by Typhoon90, December 20, 2010, 09:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Typhoon90

After calling everywhere all over Australia and being told "too hard" and firing off emails all over the world, this guy helped me out:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290514315035&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
He has a few left, so it could be a good idea to buy some for your stockpiles.

dehne

im taking a guess that these are for the cv at the rear, if so i have heaps of them and i also can get new ones from a guy locally and at a reasonable price
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Typhoon90

Quote from: dehne on December 20, 2010, 10:50:41 PM
im taking a guess that these are for the cv at the rear, if so i have heaps of them and i also can get new ones from a guy locally and at a reasonable price

Friggin hilarious how people always say that after you ask just about everywhere about them........

Sheldon McIntosh

Can you post up the contact details and price please.

dehne

i will go down there tomorrow and get some details for you
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

Tooey

Any chance you can buy them by the shipping container?

I freaking hate those bolts with a passion
Current:
75 3.0L
75 2.5L track car (shared with dad)
EF Falcon Futura...I want it gone!

Previous:
33 1.7QV
ford laser

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: dehne on December 21, 2010, 09:32:24 PM
i will go down there tomorrow and get some details for you

Any luck dehne?  This was two weeks ago.  I may be needing some soon, would really appreciate the hook-up.

MD

If you could score some conventional bolts with a standard hex head of say around 10/11mm and of equivalent hardness, I dont see why you have to stick with socket head bolts at all. For balance reasons, naturally you would use all the same types of one or another. Conventional bolts would be easier to source as well as use with less skin off knuckles.  A thin walled socket for this application would help with clearance around the boots when tensioning them up.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Evan Bottcher

Yes but dehne has heaps of them, plus can get them for us at a reasonable price.  So why bother looking for an alternative?  Just need the contact details from him, that's all.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

dehne

sorry guys been flat out, owning a pool bussiness at this time of year what was i thinking, i will def go tomorrow morning i have a full set in the shed now(used) will post dets tomorrow of the new ones
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

Sheldon McIntosh

MD

I might be able to get you a contact for socket head bolts. No promises. Will advise if I can.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Sheldon McIntosh

Thanks MD, email sent.

dehne, should I give up on you coming through with the contact details?  Shame, would have been convenient to have a supplier in Victoria.

Quote from: Typhoon90 on December 21, 2010, 09:09:00 AM

Friggin hilarious how people always say that after you ask just about everywhere about them........

dehne

i went in and they only had 2 left now the guy said they were not a big seller but i asked him to order some more in as there are a few of you that require them also the price is going to change as they need to get a current stock price for them, im hoping they get back to me mon or tues but i know another place so checking there first thing mon, if anyone needs some now i do have a full set of 2nd hand ones and will seperate as most should only need 1 or 2
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

MD

Here is the lowdown on the bolts.

Hex head bolts of this size are commonly rated at 8.8 max.
The socket head bolts can be had at 12.9 hardness so  I suggest sticking with them after all.

These bolts should be able to be sourced from any specilalist bolt supplier. If you don't have luck locally, you can always get them from here:

https://www.bolt.com.au/

Email:sales%40bolt.com.au

The bolts specs are :

2Litre parts

M8x1.0x50@12.9
M8x1.0x60@12.9

3 Litre parts

M10x1.25x30@8.8
M10x1.25x33@12.9
M10x1.25x60@12.9

Cheers, MD