trying to sell my 156, just after some advice

Started by littlechickenwing, July 29, 2010, 09:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlechickenwing

Hey, I was just wondering if I could have the benefit of your wisdom :)
Im trying to sell my 156 but so far no luck, can anyone help me with what they think I should be asking for it?
I paid $11,500 from a dealership in april and I know I cant get that much but I dont want to lose too much and when I was looking for my car I couldnt
find one for the price im asking for mine. for what you get (sunroof, towbar, manual, ect)
This is the link. (I am NOT fishing for sales in this post, I do have an ad in the sales section on here, this post is just for advice from people who know the cars)

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=5302.0

Constructive crit- welcome but please be nice about it :)

Hope you all have a great end of the week !

dehne

for the condition you have said that it is in, the pics and the price all sound reasonable, so i would advertise in papers, even ebay seems to be at these prices,
good luck hope all goes well
and what are you going to buy
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

littlechickenwing

Thanks for your reply :)
I have had it advertised on carsales.com and ebay for almost a month now with no interest whatsoever (except those scam people), hopefully ill get some interest soon, Thanks again!

NigelC

My Alfa 159 was advertised there and on drive.com for 7 months as the cheapest 159 in the country with only two legitimate enquiries and neither of them resulted in a sale so I wish you good luck but don't get your hopes up.

My 159 has not sold yet and I now have it on sale by consignment by a dealer in Canberra - I'll get less for it but there's a better chance of making a sale. 

I think the main sticking point is warranty - even for my car which looks nearly new (I'm a fanatical owner and it's always been undercover day and night).  A dealer must include a warranty so it gives a bit more peace of mind to a buyer.
Current 2017 Giulia Veloce - Red
Current 1979 Alfa GTV - Ivory (Gp S racer)
Past 2007 Alfa 159 2.2 JTS Rubino Red
Past 2003 Alfa 156 2.0 JTS Red
Past 1979 Alfa GTV Red/Rust

littlechickenwing

I agree with you, though the dealer I bought mine from only includes 3 months warranty, no that much for the amount extra you pay to dealers so unless its a good warranty its a waste of money really. goodluck selling your car, the 159's are beautiful

I have now put mine to open offers and if one is reasonable ill take it but its so frustrating because I know how reliable it is, its just getting buyers to realise that.