Author Topic: Using Victoria Club Permit in Queensland?  (Read 111 times)

kaleuclint

• AROCA Member #: 4668
Using Victoria Club Permit in Queensland?
« on: May 17, 2019, 06:18:57 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has experience owning a vehicle in Queensland on Victoria's club permit scheme?  I'm talking 'semi-permanent' residence in Brisbane (maintaining a home in Melbourne) rather than a trip.

Victoria is okay with this, but Queensland authorities might take a different view.

2011 159 ti 1750TBi

Craig_m67

Re: Using Victoria Club Permit in Queensland?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 07:01:57 PM »
I suspect the normal rules will apply and you would have n-1 (check, itís different in each state) days to change all your vehicle registrations and licence.

From the QLD website :  ďIf you move to Queensland from another state or territory, you must get Queensland registration and a Queensland driver licence. You have 14 days to register your vehicle in Queensland and may be fined if you donít.Ē

https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/registration/transfer/interstate

I imagine they (cops) would ask you if where you live is rented/owned by you ... if so, thatís where you reside and they will expect you to change everything.  I was once informed I had 90days to stop using my EU license in Aust., I was here on holiday, lived in London at the time (citizen, and tax resident)

So where you actually reside/live will be key here.  Iíve no idea what the legal definition for Dept. of Transport is but a QLD Cop is neither a clever or nice animal (in my opinion, next big royal commission I hope).  What do all the military folk do who are shunted around the country every two years or so?

Driving on a historic plate from another state will just draw attention to yourself, especially if you live here

The QLD SIV (special interest vehicle) scheme is next to useless, I looked today, can I register Cherry at your place? :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 07:19:25 PM by Craig_m67 »
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

bazzbazz

• ON THE SPOT ALFA
  • AROCA Member #: 870
Re: Using Victoria Club Permit in Queensland?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 09:28:50 PM »
What vehicle do you have on the Vic club scheme?
ON THE SPOT ALFA
Mobile Alfa Romeo & Fiat Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance & Servicing
Brisbane & Gold Coast

2004 Alfa 156 2.0 JTS Sportwagon (Patty)
2000 Alfa 156 2.0 TS Selespeed with Sports Pack
(Eibach 2.5 Lowering Springs)
(Bilstein Sports Dampers )