Looking to buy 3.0v6 24v 916 spider

Started by Pt916, December 16, 2017, 10:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pt916

Hi all. I'm looking to buy one of these.  Apart from timing belt, water pump and roof mechanism , is there anything else I should be looking at when test driving? Also, what is a fair price for one assuming there may be some cosmetic touch ups needed given she of car ....

bonno

Hi Pt916
Apart from the areas identified, I would check that it has got a good service history.  As for engine and drivetrain, check for oil leaks and obvious signs of wear and tear. Engine has no unusual noises and accelerates well throughout the rev range, whilst gear changes are smooth and crisp. As for the body check for signs of accident damage front and rear and the condition of paint is good (no fading/cracking). As for a fair price is dependent on the year, $10-13K late and $3-6K early series.  Have put together a simple checklist that may help and is included below.
1.   Log book servicing available.
2.   Manuals available.
3.   2 sets of keys,
4.   Radio code available.
5.   Check for accident damage front and rear, in particular boot well and front apron
6.   REVS check No financial/ repairable write off.
7.   Evidence of oil leaks engine and gearbox.
8.   Check engine oil cap for any sings of milkiness  (condition of head gasket).
9.   CV joints and boots in good order.
10.   No evidence of rust
11.   No signs of internal water leaks dampness smell.
12.   Engine accelerates well with no hesitation throughout the rev range.
13.   Shift gears smoothly, (syncos in good order)
14.   No warning lights remaining on, ie; Air Bag/ EMS.

Hilton White

G'day - Norman Henry (Hobart Alfa Club member) emailed me saying you were looking for a v6 916 Spider.  I have a fabulous one to sell.  Electric blue, black hood, Lusso edition, red leather, low kms.  Phone or email me.  Hilton White, Alfa Club member in Tassie - 0438 526 956/6356 1349   Can send you pictures.  Realistic price.  Thanks.

alanm

Re. Point 3 - I believe it is very advisable to buy a car with the master key (burgundy not red).
Al.
Present
1987 75 TS Rosso
2001 GTV V6 Nero
2001 156 V6 Monza Rosso
Past
1986 GTV6 Grand Prix
1988 33