Wheels for a 105

Started by Gerrard, September 10, 2014, 07:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerrard

Looking for options to replace the standard wheels on my 68 GTV Step nose.
Would like something like mini lites, ROTA, or GTA replicas but open to ideas and offers.

Craig_m67

Hej Gerard,

Welcome, great to see a thread! Post up a pic of the car so we can get some inspiration. As mentioned before there is a thread in the AlfaBB with pretty much every single possible wheel combination on a 105 coupe ever known to Alfisti.

So let's hear about your car, it's history, your passions, loves and how you want to drive it. A budget is handy too before somebody recommends magnesium GTAreps from Alfaholics or originals from Campagnolo (you will have to fight Pancho for them)

Do an interpretive dance for us mate, as an executive director once asked one of my Project Managers about a large transition piece (she quit) :)

'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Gerrard

Here's the pictures, let the inspiration begin.
I have been onto Marco and this is the reply:
Dear Mister Quinn,
with reference to your request we are informing you as follows.
According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 299607 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce RHD (105.37), engine series AR 00536, manufactured on the 25th September 1967 and sold on the 5th October 1967 in Australia.

The body colour is hawthorn white.

Yours, Sincerely, Marco Fazio

This is my first Alfa, I have always liked the brand, history and the design.
My first job was a "driveway attendant" at my local BP and one of the regular cars was a 71 GTV which I admired every time.
That car became available just as I got licence, I wanted it, my father a self employed mechanic/auto electrician steered me clear of it knowing it probably wouldn't be a wise choice as a daily driver doing 100kms +
So I bought a Toyota... which I still have!
Eventually I stopped listening to the wise words against unreliable and expensive cars and started buying and collecting beautiful cars, I am not brand biased, I love cars for their shape/purpose/heritage.
As mentioned, I still have the Toyota, a 1984 Celica, the last of the rear drive pop up headlight in rare notchback.
I also have two Jaguars, a 1975 XJ6 with unusual history and a rare Aus delivered 1985 XJS V12 Cabriolet.
I just sold my Jag XJ12 to buy the Alfa and recently sold my 1974 Triumph Spitfire.
So, the Alfa was a dream from a while back and it was only a matter of time I guess.
To top of my unusual love affair with cars, I am the sales manager for Citroen Tasmania, and the daily drive is generally a DS3 DSport.

Anyway, enough about me, back to the Alfa.
It is a lovely example for it's year but it will need work, I was disappointed to find it had been fitted with a 1300 engine but I do like these more in race guise so wheels and ideas along those lines.
It is complete (the bits missing are in the boot) though a better grille and bumpers would be nice though I reckon it will soon lose the bumpers once new wheels are selected.

The drive is amazing, though I suspect it has not been driven on the road for a VERY long time I got a chance to take it out last weekend after ensuring everything functioned as it should (a perk of being in the trade means I have the trade plate)

As I say, any help or input is appreciated.

Cheers,

Gerrard

more

gtv19

Howdy Gerrard I have a set of 4 15x7 simmons wheels in exc condition. I have taken them of my 105, 1976 Spider (soon for sale). $1000.Laurie 0459527275
current,
alfa 3.2gt (q2)
159 2.4 Diesel Ti sportwagon
147 twinspark manual
past

105 spider (modified)
alfetta gtv twin spark
156 Ti selespeed x2
1.8gt`s 3 of
Alfetta sedan (sprint car)
105 series spiders(2)

Gerrard

They are quiet nice Laurie, will keep them in mind.
Would like something period correct and these look a tad too modern.

Gerrard

MOMO Vega' would be nice.....
anyone have a set floating around?

GTV-074

They are available 'new' / repo from most of the Alfa sites in the UK (eg. Classic Alfa) .

INO, I just reckon you can't go past a set of the GTA replicas. Or a 'period' set like BWA's, Cromodora CD22 etc.

Cheers.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

peter dunkley

My mate and I have a GTV 1750 and GTV 2000, both with GTA replica wheels. I had a set of the Simmons V5s put away for mycar but after studying these cars for a while and buying the set of GTA wheels as an experiment... its my humble ''opinion'' that the 7x14 Classic GTA Alfa wheels just suit them perfectly, they look subtle but classy, fill the guards perfectly and have the right dish offset. There is nothing that looks anywhere near as good on these cars.
Best of with your decision pete

Craig_m67

I'm quite partial to the 15" Alfaholics GTAreps myself..

Davidm1600

Hi Gerrard, that looks like a nice Stepnose, well found. They sure are getting harder to find, especially for affordable money. 

I used to have a set of BWA-Alfa 14x6 wheels on my 1750 GTV, prior to that I had them on my 2L Berlina, and they are next to go on my Giulia 1300 Ti.  They have a polished outer lip with a painted inner section.  They kind of look like a cross between BBS/Rials and the old Performance Hotwheel.

I must admit I too like the Alfaholics/Classic Alfa GTA Reps, but the cost is a little rich for me at the moment.  I do know an Italian guy not too far from my home who has a 1750 GTV and I know he used to have a set of Vegas which he had been thinking of selling. Its possible he has sold them.  PM me and I could pass on his contact details if you wished to follow it up.

What are your plans for the Giulia Sprint GT, ie. remove the side strips and the Alfa badge from the boot lid (the earlier cars didn't have the badge on them).

An interesting range of cars you certainly have. 

You might like to catchup with us at a Club Motori Italia event, as quite a number of members have 105s let alone a range of other Alfas etc.  We normally have an event every month.  Check out our website if interested.  Our next motorsport event  being the Domain Hillclimb on 21 September.   Would be nice to see your car in the metal sometime.

Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Craig_m67

Gerrard

Hmm, I reckon they'd look pretty ordinary on a 105, I just see to many common cars with them I guess.
Thanks for the thought though!

Craig_m67

Yeah your right, they are old school hotwheels though ... Would look good on a trailer :)

Gerrard

What offset should I be looking for in a 15x7, is 4x108 correct?