EMR to Maldon 16 Dec 2012 - who's coming?

Started by Evan Bottcher, November 29, 2012, 08:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

Hi folks,

Putting together a xmas run up to Maldon on 16th December.  Departure from Maranello Pur Sang (Brunswick) at 9am.  Morning coffee stop in Romsey approx 10.30, then we'll have lunch at the Kangaroo Hotel in Maldon around 1pm.

Anyone's welcome to just turn up - but if you want lunch I need to know you're coming so I can book a table at the pub.

Drop me a PM or give me a call/SMS to 0400 013 175.

thanks!
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

colcol

Hello Evan, Colin and Ella will be coming along, may bring Ella's dads 147 along for something different!, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

dehne

Hi all
I would love to come but have already commited to a Motor Sports display in Bendigo, Could you put this into the itenirary, there is a nice drive from Maldon to Bendigo and it only take 20mins or so. There is going to be cars from all types of motor sports and i have also heard the rumor that a few V8super cars will be there but has not been completely confirmed yet. This will be their 3rd event and the first 2 have been great, I will have my Alfa there and I think their will 2 other Alfas as well.
Anyway Just a though if you wanted to add this on. There is also a nice drive back through sutton grange You can really wind them out through some of the corners.
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

John Hanslow

Good call Dehne.

We only put the event on as it was 'generally' regarded as a free day and if we had of known it would have been a good option.

Indeed, to support Goldfields members we would have been willing to get a group together and have the EMR to the display.

We just need a bit of advance warning to fit it in the calendar and put notification in the Club magazine as we some local members are not on the internet that regularly. We really want to participate in a few Goldfields functions each year and it is a great excuse for a drive.

If anything else is on in the area, let us know in or get the other participants to contact us (me off line) as there is a Melbourne crowd willing to support you.

Regards
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

dehne

Only just read about the emr, this event is free to attend also
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Steve S

I need to take my car for a decent run. How many confirmed so far?

Evan Bottcher

Got about a dozen so far.  Route is finalised - it's a good cross-country scoot, very scenic.  Ideal if anyone wants to bring spouses/family as it's quite scenic and not too many options to terrify them - and we end up in the historic town of Maldon which is nice to poke around.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

colcol

Great day Evan, we met up at Marranello Pursang Motors, in Brunswick, and set off on the cruise to Maldon, every Alfa was different, not 2 the same, a bit of drizzle on the way to morning tea, but makes driving a bit more interesting, had no navigator with me and managed to get lost twice, and turned up 2 both destinations 10 minutes earlier than everyone else, had a great lunch at the historic Kangaroo Hotel, there were about 30 club members with about 20 cars, a few new club members and we met up with the good people from the goldfields chapter, if you have not been on a cruise, then in 2013, make sure you bring your Alfa along, its not a race, speed limits are obeyed, and there is something magic driving with a group of like minded car fanatics, and you yak so much you end up with a sore throat, at the end of the day i clocked up about 320 klms, not an enormous amount, and, when you get home, you say to yourself, that was a good day, thanks Evan, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

John Hanslow

Thanks to Evan for organising a great drive,

Special thanks to Neil Cook and Barry Willimas too.

Good to see the Goldfields Chapter is now growing as we had about 6 local members meet up with us at the pub.  It's a real positive step and look forward tothe next finction.

Few photos.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Evan Bottcher

Here's a bit of video I took, just to show off the scenic route over the dividing range and across into the goldfields.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_THHhOMoidU

We enjoyed the drive immensely and the lunch at the Kangaroo in Maldon as well.  Rumour has it Barry E might be conspiring for another run up in this general direction next year, looking forward to that.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Paul Gulliver

Evan was than an EMR or a lap of the Nurburgring

:) :) :)

Gully
Paul Gulliver
Present