Key problems

Started by Mr156_2.0, December 08, 2012, 04:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr156_2.0

Hi all,

I have a Alfa 156 1999. They came with a red plastic key that breaks just by looking at it. Mine is just holding together so I bought a 2nd hand 1 from the wrecker, hoping I can swap plastic covers. Unfortunately the metal key portion will not dislodge from the plastic. Can anyone help? I really don't want to break it. Any advice?

Also I was quoted around $500 for a new key from Alfa Australia so I don't really want to buy a new one if I don't have 2.

Please help!!!
"Alfa build cars to be the best a car can be......briefly" Jeremy Clarkson Top Gear.

colcol

If the shell of the key is toast, then you can get new covers off ebay, if $500 is too much from Alfa Australia, try going to a independant Alfa Romeo repairer, look on the service providers in the Alfa Club magazine or the advertisers on this website, beleive me, they have done this hundreds of times before, and should be able to tell you best way of fixing it, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Mr156_2.0

Thank you for the advice colin
"Alfa build cars to be the best a car can be......briefly" Jeremy Clarkson Top Gear.