Alfa Romeo 159ti 3.2

Started by IGGI, May 17, 2012, 03:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IGGI

G'day lads.

My 159ti 3.2 has this week decided to turn its headlights off intermittently.
I've tried changing them from 'auto on' to manually turning them on but the problem still persists.
Does anyone know why this would be occuring..?
Hoping someone can answer this for me

ANG156

Maybe you have the follow me home setting on? All thing i could think off other than a visit to the dealer.

shiny_car

Both headlights?

That suggests part of the 'shared' electrics, like the stalk switch, or the wiring leading to/from it. Indicators working ok?

Had a chance to see if parkers and highbeams ok?

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

IGGI

Let me put it into perspective...

Driving... both headlights go out... Driving both headlights come on... Driving... Passenger side headlight goes off... Driving... Passenger side headlight comes on... Driving... Driver side headlight goes off... Driving... Driver side headlight comes on... Again intermittently and in any order....
Indicators all working internally and externally, same with parkers, high beams and fog ligs (both front and back)

Mind you it hasn't happened in the last 48 hours  :-\ I'm so confused  ???

GTVeloce

Ah, Luigi the Alfa gremlin has taken up residence in your electrics too. Keep him well fed and with plenty of coffee and you can't go wrong.

Desmond

I have the same problem but only with the passenger side. I took it to Grand Motors, Parramatta and after x 2 frsutrating trips and spending several hundred dollars, they wanted to spend over a thousand more, but still couldn't guarantee it would be repaired. I declined the last offer, paid some more to have the front end put back on and am yet to have it repaired. It only seems to happen when they are warming up and then stabilises. I've noted it's been some time since your post. Have you had them repaired? I'd be interested to know the outcome.

thanks
159 Q4 V6 - Present
GTV 116 - Past