Alfetta Dashboard

Started by joestram, November 07, 2012, 03:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joestram

Hi All,

I am finding it impossible to find an uncracked dashboard for my early model gtv so I was wondering how hard/easy it is to fit a late model dash would be?

Does the large cluster of guages in the early model fit in the late model left hand side?

I know I will be left with 2 holes next to the speedo but I can fit something else there.

Thanks
00 156 V6 Monza
11 Mito Sport - Gone
79 Alfetta GTV - Gone
76 Alfetta GT - Gone

Beatle

Joe, you'd be better off having your dash reskinned.   I'm sure nothing is interchangeable (maybe your small guage (speedo or tacho) will fit the later dash but then you are left trying to fudge something to fit the emaining holes and that would look worse than a cracked dash with a dash mat.
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd
'04 GT 3.2 Rosso/Tan - Glorious
'02 156 V6 Auto Rosso/Tan - Useful daily

joestram

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

I am desperate at the moment. I need to get the car RWC by next week for spetacollo and I don't think the cracked dash will pass rwc?

I enquired about re-skining and it takes 4 weeks
00 156 V6 Monza
11 Mito Sport - Gone
79 Alfetta GTV - Gone
76 Alfetta GT - Gone

joestram

I guess I am just trying to think outside the box a little to get this thing roadworthy
00 156 V6 Monza
11 Mito Sport - Gone
79 Alfetta GTV - Gone
76 Alfetta GT - Gone

Fetta GTV

I wouldnt have thought they would knock you back on a rwc for a cracked dash.
Its only cosmetic.
I looked for ages for one and that was about 10years ago.
I'll keep my eyes open for one
Cheers
David
1979 Alfetta GTV
1986 Alfa Sprint 1.5 twin carb

Midda Samid

I agree, cracked dash is not grounds for failed roadworthy.. it certainly isn't a structural part..  ;D 

most of my fetta's have had a cracked dash at roadworthy time.. actually, come to think of it, all of them did.. i replaced my latest dash with a reskinned unit after roadworthy from a parts car.. cover the thing with marine carpet and spray adhesive for spettacolo.. roadworthy guys won't even look at it.
'77 116 GTV

joestram

Thanks for the replies guys....I ended up buying a late model dash which fit straight in :)

Just need to some how fill the 2 holes with some gauges.
00 156 V6 Monza
11 Mito Sport - Gone
79 Alfetta GTV - Gone
76 Alfetta GT - Gone

Neil Choi

Hi Joe

Might be of help or not?  Could be easy, small bit of 1.6mm Al sheet, cut and trim to the square/rectangular hole sizes, cut a hole in the middle to fit your gauges, some standard gauges are 3"3/8 or 86mm, standard SAE hole, hole saw from Bunnings.  I just did it to mine (but early model dash) but replacing the speedo with a tacho.

Neil

joestram

Hey Neil,

Thanks for that response.

I might need to steal your idea if I can't get my hand on a couple of clock guages :)

Thanks

Joe
00 156 V6 Monza
11 Mito Sport - Gone
79 Alfetta GTV - Gone
76 Alfetta GT - Gone

Neil Choi

No worries.  You are welcome.

If you need to cut a hole that size, you could use my hole saw if you are located near me.  The saw is rather pricey for a one off cut.

Try Monza Motors 9729 9946 for the clocks, Hugh will have plenty of them.

Regards
Neil