Alfa 33 16v Series 2 - Fitting after market seats?

Started by Andiroid, October 08, 2012, 09:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andiroid

Hi all, just wanting to know if any of you have had experience in fitting aftermarket seats to your car? If so what do I need to know when embarking on this journey?

Any info would be great!

Thanks

Andrew
2013 Giulietta Distinctive Sportiva, 2004 147 Twin Spark 3dr

colcol

I have some Reccaro's fitted to my series 1, 33, you need to workout what seats you want to fit, then get a base mount for the seat, then adapt it to suit the 33 floor, not the most difficult thing, the seats are held to the floor by 4 - 8mm cap screws, some 16 valve 33's came with road going Reccaro's, most likely hard to find now, but would bolt straight in, best thing i ever did to the 33, seats really hold you in good, to somehow improve the already excellent handling, as with those high g forces, you stay supported in the seat, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

scuzzyGTV

Make sure they are ADR approved, and inform your insurer too!
81 GTV 2.0 - Red

colcol

Have a look on ebay, there may be someone wrecking a 16v with Recaro's, or you might find some good sports seats, on ebay, you may get the base frame for them with the seats, and you would have to adapt them to suit the 33 floor, when i purchased my Recaro's 33 years ago, thats right, 1979, the guy who fitted them had the base frames, and just welded legs and brackets on to suit my car, love my Recaro's, so old, but still going ok, been retrimed 3 times now, and have that Recaro thing of speakers in the headrests, and they still work as well, went down to Recaro in 1979, with a million dollars in my pocket to buy a good German one for the driver only, but they had changed countries of manufacture, they were now made in Australia, and were only half a million dollars each, so i purchased 2, never regretted it, Recaro's are ADR compliant, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]