FS: 6 2007 Yamaha R6 Ignition Coils And New Wiring Plugs

Started by Duk, October 01, 2012, 05:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duk

For sale is the same set up I'm using in my Potenziata, 6 2007 model Yamaha R6 ignition coils and new wiring loom plugs.
Will only work with a programmable computer and multi channel ignition module.

$150 delivered.

bteoh

Hey Duk,

Are you not using these anymore or is this a spare set? Just wondering if I should change my set up in my 3.0 24V  GTV6. It currently runs a VR6 coil pack with batch fire...

Cheers,
Brian

Duk

Hey Brian, I'm still using my original set. I got another 4 because I had 2 coils and 2 new plugs sitting there going to waste and figured it'd be easier to move them on in a set of 6.
I don't know if these coils will fit as well in the spark plug tubes of the 24 valve engines as they do in the 12 valve tubes. If you have an old 12 valve spark plug lead and can do a test fit, easy peasy.
Having said that, if your VR6 coils are working fine, why change them?
Waste spark works just fine, that's what my set up is. If you did decide to go with a full sequential ignition system, you'll need a separate reset trigger (assuming your computer has 6 or more ignition channels) and definitely a 6 channel (or 2 of 3 channel) ignition module.

bteoh

Hey Duk,

Thanks for the update. Maybe I'll get the tuning sorted first. I am getting a slight miss between 2000-3000 rpm and wasn't sure if it was coil related. Not sure how one can test if a coil pack is functioning effectively?

Cheers