alfa331.7

gday or i mean good afternoon   :)

i think i will be taking it to a electrician this following week

my alfa electricals are terrible at this moment heres a list
1 speedo dont work wires is obviously touching
2temperatre gauge not work
3 petrol gauge likes to climb up and down
4 no radio at this moment i took the fuse out
5 back driver side light dont work even with a new bulb workd for a bit but wont work now
and 6 im going to buy a nice set of gaugess digital oness just cheap ones small one thought so i can have them for looks blue leds lights in em  :P

im hoping this wont cost me over $1000 to do :l

colcol

1.Speedos are hopeless in 33's,
2.Temperature gauges are usually quite good, try earthing sensor wire, [on left hand manifold], if nothing happens, then its the gauge and or instrument assembly, if gauge goes to hot or cold, it is sensor.
3.Fuel gauge not entirely accurate, but all these problems look like wire to dash and or instrument binacle, is faulty.
4.Put fuse back in, and make sure it is good connection, mine used to cut in and out all the time, ended up putting a relay on the radio, [don't laugh, it worked].
5. Check earth connection for back tail light assembly, bad earths cause the bulbs to get hot and burn out.
Race cars and air fighter pilots don't have digital gauges, as they are slower to read than a needle against a background, you know if the needle is here, then you are out of petrol or your car is running hot, with digital your brain has to compute what 100 centigrade means, by that time you have missed your braking point....... Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]