EMR to Whitfield - Saturday 15th September.

Started by John Hanslow, September 06, 2012, 04:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Hanslow

We have another great drive organised to coincide with the Apline Chapter Merenda Run to the Pizzini Winery.  We will meet up for a picnic lunch at the winery.

Time:       Meeting from 8.30am to depart at 9.00am.
      CNR Scanlon Drive & Cooper Street
      EPPING.

Melway ref:  Map 181   F11

The route I have planned is from metro Melbourne and up to Broadford so starting with some highway cruising, then through to Strath creek, and from there to Flowerdale, up to Yea then coffee at Yarck.

From there up to Mansfield and then onto Whitfield where we are having a picnic BBQ lunch at Pizzibni Winery. We will meet up with the Alpine Chapter for some chatting and food and drink out in the fresh country air.

Picnic facilities are available and we will arrange to bring a BBQ.  Do not forget to BYO food and drink as necessary.

I've been on the Whitfield road once before and it is one of the most memorable drives in the GTV6 I've been on :-) This is a drive not to be missed.

Yes I know it's on a Saturday, but we are going this day so we can meet up with our Alpine Friends – why not find a place to stay the night and make a weekend of it 
More information refer: 

http://www.pizzini.com.au/pizzini/

Bookings essential to assist in set up of required facilities.

Shane Wescott.
116 Series Register
Alfetta, including GTV6 and Giulietta
Mb:  0404-362-251
Shane_wescott@hotmail.com

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Doug Gould

I'll be at the "Supertruck" races at the " Bira" circuit in Thailand with Ross Holder. Sorry.
08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle

shane wescott

Hi Guys

We are all set for this run.

So I will have a barbeque with me so feel free to bring along some snags etc if you would like to cook up some lunch. Otherwise a picnic with friends chatting about the drive is the order of the day.

For anyone looking to stay the night, I have stayed previously at the Milawa Lodge Motel which was excellent. Apart from that there are many nice places to stay and many nice directions to take home the next day.

So looking forward to seeing people 08:30 for a 9am start on SATURDAY at the BP Connect Epping , just off the freeway heading north.

Any q's please give me a yell.

Regards

Shane

shane_wescott@hotmail.com

Current Cars:

No Alfa's :-(

Previous Cars:
1991 White 164
86 White GTV6 Zender Body Kit
90 Red 75 TS
98 Blue GTV 2.0
85 Red 33 1.5 TI
85 Red 33 1.7 Carby
83 Silver 33 1.5 GCL
70 Blue Berlina 1750
70 White Berlina 1750

70 White Berlina 1750 (my first)

Current Bikes:

2002 Yellow Ducati ST2 944

colcol

Thank you to Shane and the Alpine chapter for such a good run, the roads were fantastic Alfa type with plenty of corners, being a Saturday, the Camrys were some where else, not getting in our way,we stopped at the Pizzini Winery for lunch, and none of us tasted any wine at all, as we don't drive under the influence, at lunch the weather was just perfect, as was the barbeque, then it was on home for me, at the end of the day, i had done 550 kilometres, but it didn't feel like it cause the scenery was so interesting, with snow in dem there hills, managed not to drop the 33 into a pot hole this time, made it home with a smile on my face, great day, thanks to the organisers, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

bonkfrog

colcol
none of us tasted any wine at all??? You probably missed me - I was the one behind the glass of red.

We couldn't have picked a better day: cool, sunny, b*****all other cars (camrys), good Italian wines, conversation and Alfas.
Thanks to everyone who made the trip; it was a great casual run, with a range of Alfas lined up at Fred & Katerina Pizzini winery. Photos and article coming for the Cross & Serpent.

Paul, everyone sent their commiserations. Get better soon.

We'll plan another Merenda for 2013. Now, get ready for Le Tour de Northeast.

Cheers
Current: Alfetta GTV 2.0
Past: GTJ1300 (2l conversion), Giulia Supers, Giulia 1600TI

shane wescott

Always a pleasure people.

I was lucky enough to be at the front and had a friendly tralier hauling 4wd pull over for me just as we started the Mansfield to Whitfield road.

Because of that the GTV6 and I pinned our ears back and had a ball - it is one of the great sections of road with sections of bends (time to cool off brakes) and very few blind corners.

Thanks to the crew that made the trip, I know a few stayed the night in the region and barring Family commitments the GTV6 myself and my fly rod would have stayed as well.

A real mix of cars some awesome wines apparently and a home made Tiramisu to die for.

I really picked a bad day to start 10 days of detox :-(, but any day spent driving 500 odd klms in an Alfa throught the country is a great day :-)

Catch ya

Shane
Current Cars:

No Alfa's :-(

Previous Cars:
1991 White 164
86 White GTV6 Zender Body Kit
90 Red 75 TS
98 Blue GTV 2.0
85 Red 33 1.5 TI
85 Red 33 1.7 Carby
83 Silver 33 1.5 GCL
70 Blue Berlina 1750
70 White Berlina 1750

70 White Berlina 1750 (my first)

Current Bikes:

2002 Yellow Ducati ST2 944

John Hanslow

Thanks Shane for your good work from the Melbourne side of things.

Special thanks to John Shearer for another the opportunity to meet the Alpine Chapter ober a bbq picnic and a glass of red.

Cheers
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata