Eastern Creek Super Sprint July 22, 2012

Started by Henry Goodman, August 09, 2012, 07:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry Goodman

At the behest of my younger son and broader fan club (n=3 children), I've been encouraged to upload this video. I must admit to some trepidation with respect to the much more experienced and esteemed Alfisti who regulary post their much admired exploits. Please be kind with your remarks, I am relatively inexperienced at this stuff.
Cheers, Ric.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_3-IFviOrs

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: Henry Goodman on August 09, 2012, 07:48:44 PM
I must admit to some trepidation with respect to the much more experienced and esteemed Alfisti who regulary post their much admired exploits.

No need of course - looks great!  I love the 75.  Have you done much to it?  Running R tyres?  I see in the Wakefield Park video you say it's on an old set.

Great vision, and great to see Eastern Ck and not the same old Winton / Sandown / Phillip Island videos from the Vics.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Henry Goodman

Hi Evan.
Yep, running a set of Yokohama 032R tyres which according the codes on the tyre wall were manufactured 2004 and 2005. I picked them up already used and gone hard so they are definitely not fresh! They suit my needs for track days though where lap times don't matter - only having fun.
Suspension mods include thicker torsion bars, genereous front negative camber, yellow konis, lowered rear with firmer springs, but standard ride height at front. Brake mods limited to Pagids at the front, Ferodo 2500s at the rear, braided lines and decent brake fluid.
Car feels very well balanced and very rewarding to drive even for a novice like me. It puts a big smile on my face every time I get out of it!
Thanks for your interest.
Cheers,
Ric.

MD

Interesting camera work Henry. What is the focal length of the camera please or the field of view if you like? Good clear and sharp images but  I see the open window gave the microphone some curry. I find fixing some foam onto the microphone makes a good wind guard.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Henry Goodman

Hi MD.
Camera is a GoPro Hero2 that comes with the wide angle ("fish eye") lense. It's fitted to the inside of the rear left passenger window and in the open camera case so captures alot of sound. This positon also allows for secondary tether to the seat belt anchorage on the B pillar.
Cheers,
Ric.