Vale Diana Gaze - AROCA Vic club Patron

Started by alfagtv58, August 06, 2012, 04:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv58

I have just learned that our club patron Diana Gaze has passed away. Commiserations to the Davison and extended family.  :'(

Diana was good enough to be at our last club night and hand trophies out to award recipients.

Below is copied from the 'About' section on the AROCA Vic website;

The Club is honoured to have as its patron Diana Gaze, Diana has had a lifelong association with both Alfa Romeo and motor racing, and along the way has owned and raced some of the most important Alfas ever to come to Australia. Wife of the late Lex Davison, four time winner of the Australian Grand Prix winner, and later remarried to Tony Gaze DFC MOA, WWII fighter Ace and Australia's First Grand Prix Driver.

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

aggie57

Very sad. A very famous and well liked motor sport personality over many many years.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Stuart Thomson

Yes, sad news indeed.  A lovely person, always wanted to do more with the club.

My heartfelt condolences to her husband and family.

Stuart

Neil Choi

Very very sad indeed.  Lovely kind lady and patron.

My fond memory of her presenting and pinning our life membership badges.  I played a joke and pretended she actually stuck the pin into my chest, she was shocked but laughed along and said something like "you are a naughty boy".

And also watching her presenting Damon with his recent awards and him watching on sheepishly not knowing her marvellous motorsport history.

My deepest condolences to the family.

Regards
Neil