Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Farquharson

Not the tidiest race, but it worked....
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Ray Pignataro

Scott fabulous viewing. the sound the motor makes music.sensational. what is the motor reving to?

Scott Farquharson

7500rpm limited - it does sound good doesn't it.....and don't you love the sound of the straight cut gears.....

BTW re the DD thread - all changes here are DD'd....
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Jekyll and Hyde

I think I can see where the 'untidy' bits are, but I hate to think what you'll be calling my first few sprints!

Awesome sound.....  I take it there are some big bumps at Phillip Island coming up that hill up the back (Lukey heights?), and what was the deal with the odd line and early braking by the blue 'UHF CB' car on the last lap coming down the other side of said hill?  Looked a lot like a pretty aggressive blocking move there!

alfagtv58

And you want to sell it......

Into 5th gear as you are going around Turn 12.....nice!

I like Turn 4 on lap 1.  Nev must have seen you behind him, and you wanted to get past Nev so you both end up with big oversteer on the exit!!  Boy will be boys :D
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Sheldon McIntosh

Simply awesome mate.  Although quite scary at hayshed 1st lap.  What brakes does it run, tyres and pressures?

Yeah, don't sell it.

hang on, if everyone on this forum puts in $300........

Brad M

Quote from: Sheldon Mcintosh on November 28, 2007, 08:00:52 PM
hang on, if everyone on this forum puts in $300........
Agreed for sure if that gets us some racecraft sessions in it :D
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

alfagtv58

Currently 518 forum members.  We hold around 7 sprints a year, 5 sessions per sprint.  So around 35 sprint sessions a year.

The last person to shell out $300 should get a run by around 2022!
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Evan Bottcher

Great stuff!  That run through hayshed on the first lap is frightening - great commitment!

Is the Dulux car going to get another outing this year?  Obviously not in your hands Mr Group S.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Scott Farquharson

Yeah, believe me I know I shouldn't sell it, but.....look it may not sell anyway.....it is a beast isn't it.....and see how much the thing moves around...it's the crossply slicks - they are fabulous.  It's way harder work to drive than say the White 24valve was.

Brakes are the original old lockheed 4 pots all round and slightly bigger rotors.  Tires are 255/570/16 dunlop crossply slicks that wear like butter, but stick and are really communicative.  21-23psi cold, around 27psi hot

5th gear is just too tall, if I short shift into 5th before turn 12 it just plain stops, so I tried changing just after the apex.....

Yes, the blue toranas are not averse to blocking....
And yeah, me and Nev - drift kings - it's the pressure or implied pressure that makes people make mistakes - it's great

Car probably won't be out until we fix the injection which has some earth problem atm which we just haven't gotten around to looking at due to Grp S build.  If it's still around maybe Winton March.

I have more video which i will soon get around to posting (yeah, i've said that before I know)
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Fast Eddie

Nice publicity for the Phillips Torana getting his face in your camera so much he even had to move back into shot to ensure good coverage for his sponsors.  You had to sacrifice a certain 2nd just for his benefit :-\

Sell the car to me...i'll trade my first born!  But i could never drive it so well, so you can can keep driving it and teaching me!  :P
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.