New GTV6 Owner

Started by Albygtv, July 02, 2012, 10:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albygtv

Hey Sheldon, yeah I think you mean the brothers who live and have a factory in the northern suburbs and name starts with G. If so, I know them fairly well and in fact have a restoration project Renault 17 Gordini in my carport which I bought from them a few years ago (and which I hope to finish one day, but could be a while). They are very good engineers and have built some marvellous stuff in the the Renault scene. They had an A310 V6.

colcol

I think the Renault place may have been in Ringwood?, about 20 years ago i was listening to a radio show, and the newsreader left his Renault at a place in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne, and then got drunk and couldn't remember where his car was, so the listeners rang up and told him the name of the place, i have a bad memory, but was it called 'Alpine Affair', i had a mate who used to take his Renault 17 there, back in the 80's, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Mat Francis

Quote from: colcol on July 08, 2012, 01:33:52 PM
I think the Renault place may have been in Ringwood?, about 20 years ago i was listening to a radio show, and the newsreader left his Renault at a place in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne, and then got drunk and couldn't remember where his car was, so the listeners rang up and told him the name of the place, i have a bad memory, but was it called 'Alpine Affair', i had a mate who used to take his Renault 17 there, back in the 80's, Colin.

Correct Colin, Alpine affaire is in ringwood and to mt knowledge still does a roaring trade. My old man worked there for quite a few years  (in the early 90's), and more recently younger brother did his work experience with school there 2 years ago
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

colcol

Good to see its still going, the owners used to turn up to M.S.C.A. sprints years ago, looking after a clients Renault Alpine, had a conversation with the owner once, nice bloke a lot of keen interest in all things Renault, didn't know of Renault Alpines, until 1985 going to the Adelaide G.P. we got passed by about 4, what we thought were Lotus's, we gave chase in the mighty Alfasud and stayed with them, and when they stopped at a service station, we decided to have a look, and found out about the Renault Alpine, don't know if they still make them anymore, made a few when REGIE was owned by the French Goverment, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

shane wescott

Welcome to the world of GTV6 - and the sounds of a beautiful engine.

I've done about 1500 k's in mine in the last few weeks and the more if gets driven the better it gets.

I'm sure there will be many "projects" for you with the new car so enjoy it.

Catch ya

Shane
Current Cars:

No Alfa's :-(

Previous Cars:
1991 White 164
86 White GTV6 Zender Body Kit
90 Red 75 TS
98 Blue GTV 2.0
85 Red 33 1.5 TI
85 Red 33 1.7 Carby
83 Silver 33 1.5 GCL
70 Blue Berlina 1750
70 White Berlina 1750

70 White Berlina 1750 (my first)

Current Bikes:

2002 Yellow Ducati ST2 944

Albygtv

Thanks Shane,

I have my car booked in at Monza  for RWC check. Can't wait to get it registered so I can get some decent runs in. And your right, I already have a couple of years projects planned, ranging from some basic fixes of things I'm not happy with to how far I want to go to improve suspension, brakes and so on. All to look forward to.

Cheers, Alby