AROCA Broadford Sprint Round 5 on 22 July

Started by Neil Choi, June 16, 2012, 09:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aggie57

Hey Evan - you turn up and Neil gets a 5 lap penalty for being vindictave... :D
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

phri

Hi, I am new to this, and a 'new' Alfa owner, would like to come to the Broadford Sprint as a spectator. I am not a member
(yet) am I welcome? Do families come on such events? (might want to bring the kids). Is there an entrance fee for spectators? if yes how much?

alfagtv58

phri, you and the family are more than welcome, no entry fee for spectating.  Bring the kids along, just watch them around the paddock area though, not sure of the Broadford layout as I haven't been there before, but the kids wont be allowed in the pit lane area.  Introduce yourself to some of the other Alfa drivers, you will get loads of advice on how to get started with your 'new' Alfa.

When you see Neil, try to look busy, otherwise you will find yourself in a high vis vest with a job to do  ;D

Be warned, it is addictive  8)
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Neil Choi

Broadford Sprint 22 July.
Good numbers at Broadford, usual hardcore Alfa racers entered, an inaugural event which will now be part of our calendar.  Fantastic technical track suited to our Alfa's for handling and nimbleness.  Everyone had a great time and all praised the track and how much fun it was.  Facilities were excellent.  Only an hour out of town.  Easy to get to.

Usual group of dedicated members ran the day, Alan Hopla, Stuart Thomson, Ross Flood, Bruno Colautti, Giancarlo Ingrisiano, and many others.

Being urged by many to put on another day at Broadford, even this year!!!!

Neil

colcol

Did 2 parade laps around this fabulous track at about 60kph, has to be the best kept secret in Victoria, i urge you, if you love driving and sprinting, make this track your priority, its like the old and loved Morwell hillclimb, just as you get into it it finishes, Broadford just keeps going, plenty of variations and lots of elevation changes, cambered corners, corners uphill and downhill, i wonder if we could run a 6 hour there?, and its close to Melbourne, without the stupid amount of traffic getting there and getting home, on another note, i met one of the maintainence men at Broadford, turns out i worked with him about 15 years ago, he is a bike racer, and i was sprinting my 33 at the time, we used to exchange stories about our heroic efforts on the track, and he told me if he ever gives up racing bikes, he will join the Alfa club and race Alfa Romeo's, he wandered down looked at all the cars and the professional way everything was being run, and was very impressed with the way it was being run, well done Alfa Club!, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]