AROCA Broadford Sprint Round 5 on 22 July

Started by Neil Choi, June 16, 2012, 09:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

At long last, here are the AROCA Broadford Sprint Supp Regs and Entry form.

Event is on Sunday 22 July.  Our first time there, so should be interesting.

Places are limited.  I can guarantee that it will fill out quickly for a variety of reasons so entry now and enter early.

Again once full, I can't help.

Regards
Neil

lightyear

Would the times be similiar to winton short? My entry is sent....

Neil Choi

Yes, expecting similar times to Winton Short track.

Neil Choi

Warning to club members, event is filling fast, only a limited number of places left. 

If you delay, you will miss out, this is our first time there and should be interesting and fun.

This warning is only out of courtesy and not trying to get numbers, as you know I don't need to.

I hate to disappoint.

Neil

Neil Choi

Another warning:

During the event, if you come off the black stuff, you will be send back out with rake and shovel to repair and smooth out your off-track excursion and a time penalty will be imposed.  This is to prevent damage to the track as it becomes hazardous to the motorcycles.  This is a stipulation of the track hire.

So the incentive is not to come off.  Furthermore the track is narrow so a further incentive, without stating the obvious.

Neil Choi

Last call for entries to Broadford, lots of runs to be had, only 1 h out of town.  Low entry fee and low track density.

Neil Choi

Absolute last call for entries to Broadford before I close off and finish documentation.   

Bruno and I went out to look at the facilities this morning and all looks fantastic.  The track is in great condition, looked scenic against the blue sky and green sloping back drop, not a lot of power is needed, just technically fantastic, so will suit the handling aspects.  The flip flop after the long back straight looks a heap of fun. 

Warning though, track is not very wide so run off's are limited and overtaking in the corners will be not advisable and probably prevented.  So keep it on the black stuff and return home in the same way you left in the morning.

Pit area is well serviced with a set of open carports on top, Garages A.  Then lower down is a parallel set of garages, Garages B.  Being set up for motorbikes, you will need to organise yourselves to get in and out as there is one garage opening for two car spaces.  You need to unload in carpark and bring car in.  You will not be able to unload in front of garages.  Be warned.

Scrutineering will be conducted just in front of the area of Garages A up on top.  If we have good number of scrutineers, this process will be done in no time.

Regards
Neil

Neil Choi

A good field of Alfa's entered, with two interesting Giulia Supers of Tony Raditsis and Vince Sartor, and 10 Alfetta GTV's (4's and 6's), usual 105 coupe, a couple of 105 spiders, a Ricciardi, a Sud, a 33, a 75 and even an 82.5.  Healthy competition amongst the 2L and V6 modified and racing classes, with the biggest group being the 2L racing class as usual, so should be loads of fun.

All members are welcome to come and enjoy the day with the competitors, if you want to assist, let me know, I need to arrange catering.  Viewing is spectacular where pretty much the entire circuit can be seen from the paddock.

Weather is looking pretty good too.

See you there if you can make it.

Ray Pignataro

Neil were do I find the footage you put up and what is the address of the track ? thanks

Neil Choi

Ray

go here  http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=8449.0

GOOGLE 101:  type Broadford into google maps.  I only know how to get there.

Neil

Evan Bottcher

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&ll=-37.214609,145.085621&spn=0.019481,0.042272&sll=-37.232242,145.118237&sspn=0.077905,0.169086&t=h&z=15

Looks interesting - a lot going on there.  It's my Fiona's birthday, so I won't make it.

Also Neil has for the 2nd (3rd?) year in a row booked the 6-hour on our anniversary...

I don't think Neil likes me very much.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

aggie57

I don't think it's fair to blame Neil for that Evan; the 6-hr date is really determined by track availability and dates for other events.  Including other events in the area and the effect that has on availability of accommodation.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Neil Choi

Not quite true, Aggie, I actually don't like Evan!!!  Evan is flattering himself to even start to think I liked him.  Hence why the dates are set on their b'day and anniversary, but most of all, it was either going to be on my anniversary or their's.  Remember that year where it was on mine and I was nearly divorced.

Anyway, where else would you take lovely Fi on a romantic anniversary getaway, racing at Winton, of course, dining on a Winton burger together and sharing a bucket of chips and a diet coke.  You can have the themed romantic honeymoon suite Garage 1.  Lub supplied.

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: aggie57 on July 18, 2012, 08:03:00 AM
I don't think it's fair to blame Neil for that Evan;

Ha!  I was going to say that my memory is it was a choice between our anniversary and Neil/Ivy's anniversary.  Selfish bugger!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Ray Pignataro

Its not so much a like or dislike on Neils part, more like self preservation