Sold: 1985 Alfa 33 4X4 Wagon

Started by Ben33, June 12, 2012, 07:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben33

SOLD

Hi guys, up for sale is my silver 1985 Alfa 33 4x4 Wagon with 204,000kms.

The wagon's are quite rare now, especially in this condition and with a completely operational 4x4 system.  The car has no significant rust due to the car living in the country for most of its life. This does mean that the paint on the roof and the top of the guards have suffered some "sun damage" but it's not very noticeable and much preferable to rust!!

The 1500cc boxer still pulls strongly with plenty of torque, the car drives and handles nicely with the Marangoni tyres that still have plenty of tread.  It's a lot of fun to drive, responsive and makes a great noise! The twin webber's create a great induction note and the exhaust crackles and pops on over run but isn't intrusively noisy with the windows up.
It's also very practical being a wagon with 5 seats, a massive loading area and seats that fold flat. It's amazing how much you can fit in it! There is even a leather cover that goes over the luggage area. The 4x4 system works brilliantly in the rain and the cabin-operated lever engages and disengages the system smoothly.

The negatives are that despite the badge on the back promising air conditioning it doesn't work. It's all there (missing the compressor driver belt) so I'm sure it can be fixed. As mentioned above some of the panels could use repainting if you want a show winning car and there are also a few minor dents and scratches, the only one of any significance is behind the right rear door. It has a few Alfa quirks including a '28 hour clock' and interior lights that flash with the indicators but nothing too major.

If you haven't figured it out already I have a lot of affection for this car... I would love to keep it but as space is an issue for me I need something more suited to my business' needs. I would love to sell it to an Alfa enthusiast so that someone else can enjoy it and appreciate this rare and unique piece of Alfa's history and is currently only advertised on this forum.

$2500 complete with a few spares I have lying around, a full tank of 98 and the owners manuals etc. I'm selling without RWC due to a lack of time but it has registration until October 20th. Located SE Melbourne for inspection. PM me or call on 0434 906 673

1985 Alfa 33 4x4 wagon
1990 Mazda MX-5
www.othersideproductions.com

ausalfista

Alfa, Porsche & Ducati's

Ben33

I PM'd, 75TS yesterday. Unfortunately he doesn't want a wagon (despite it's superior Pininfaria styling and practicality) Any other leads to people who could be interested in this car would be great as I would love to see it stay in the hands of an enthusiast. 
1985 Alfa 33 4x4 wagon
1990 Mazda MX-5
www.othersideproductions.com