Broken Down 90

Started by Robert. Dale, November 19, 2007, 10:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv58

Once the vapour rubbish is sorted, the next major modification you need to do to the 90 given the lean angles of ironsides is fit the below.  One to each door should do the trick.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Jekyll and Hyde

QuoteThe fuel pump is designed to pump liquid not gas so when it gets a gulp of the fuel vapour the pressure in the system drops

Just to add to this, the reason the pressure drops is because gas is infinitely more compressible than liquid.  Same reason why water in the cylinders is bad - its to all useful intents and purposes incompressible, but the air and fuel vapour which normally enters is very much compressible.

Robert. Dale

Sorry Sheldon,
                     I actually did think of stopping for a fraction of a second but it is hard to park a 23 Mtr long Tram in the middle of High St Westgath without creating attention or causing much aggro.

In regards to your Vapor Lock Std V6's tend to have this problem in very hot conditions upon restarting and I'm sure you have aggrivated the problem with your Surge Tank.

If you follow Colin's advice I'm sure you will fix the problem or at least minimise it.

By the way Sheldon I know we give you a Hard Time about Ironsides but congratulations for your fine drive at the 6 Hr.

Considering the soft suspension and the amount of Body Roll on that Beast it was a fine Drive.

Rob Dale
Current Alfa
2014 Giulietta Progression TCT

Past Alfas
2013 Mito Progression TCT
1985 GTV 2.00L
2004 147 Selespeed
2000 156 Selespeed88
75TS(Road/Track)
84GTV6
81 GTV (Under 2Lt Sports Sedan Race Car) Should never have sold it
82 Alfetta 2.0 Sedan