Vale Tony Hawker

Started by Stuart Thomson, May 26, 2012, 05:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jg1053

Thank you Tony for your company and advice. I will miss the days running into you at the Magpies, chewing the fat, Alfa's and debating a new red found. Thank you for the wonderful times I had the pleasure of your company. Isn't it funny how a red was always somewhere when food was about. My deepest sympathy to Clem and Tony's family. I am thankful that I have known such a great bloke, he has left a great Legacy with the club and the rest of us who have known him.
Vale Squatter.
Jumbo

EZEE

Clearly must have been a great bloke to receive such accolades and touch so many lives in a positive way. I feel compelled to pass on my condolences though I never met him - I feel I knew him through the ALFA community just the same.....life is precious.

Emmanuel

Stuart Thomson

I found some more Tony photos, this time with the beloved 2600.

I still feel terrible about this, hopefully the photos and condolences can ease the pain a little.

Stuart

graemericardo

i cant add much more than the above
great bloke and good competitor
an utter gentleman always ready to chat with anybody that would listen

nikakis

Hi all, I am a former 105 owner and am sitting on the sofa enjoying a glass of red with my lovely wife Georgie (Hawker - Tony's eldest daughter). Just wanted to tell everyone that we have really enjoyed reading everyone's kind words and looking at the photos. The Alfa Club and the people that are part of it gave Tony such pleasure.
Alfa's  were an obsession of his and a fantastic distraction during his illness.
We are sure he would be very touched.
I know it's a cliche, but life is too short - we all need to follow our passions, like Tony did.

Regards,
Andrew and Georgie Nikakis

Fast Eddie

an extremely nice, good hearted gentleman, always with a kind & supportive word to say, especially in my early attempted Historic racing days and as acting President of the Vic club.

Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

gtv19

I wish  to record my sympathies for Tony and family. As a visitor to Vic sprint events and he to SA he always had the time to talk to the SA visitors and as all have mentioned a true gentleman. A man of great poise and niceness!Our last dinner in 2010 at the Little Greek cafe was a memorable night.  As AROCA SA Club Secretary I pass on the sincere sympathies form the Club.
I am sure bour Vic cousins will miss him.
Laurie Ardill
current,
alfa 3.2gt (q2)
159 2.4 Diesel Ti sportwagon
147 twinspark manual
past

105 spider (modified)
alfetta gtv twin spark
156 Ti selespeed x2
1.8gt`s 3 of
Alfetta sedan (sprint car)
105 series spiders(2)

Neil Choi

A Memorial Service for Mr CHARLES ANTHONY (TONY) HAWKER will be held in St John The Evangelist Anglican Church.

23 King St, Flinders, on FRIDAY (June 1, 2012) commencing at 2:00 pm.

massiveluvbuddy67

For those able to attend Tony's service,
Clem and the family would be chuffed if Alfa club members would liike to drive their Alfas.

Jcaldi

A wonderful human being. I'll never see buttered raisin toast again without thinking of those enjoyable Sunday runs around the Peninsula. For me, the highlight of my relationship with Tony was the super day spent comparing his gorgeous Sprint Veloce with my 2011 Giulietta QV. Unforgettable!
Jeremy

/Users/jeremycaldicott/Desktop/25.JPG

Mark Baigent

What desperately sad news ... a hard fought battle lost .... God bless you and your family Tony, and your many dear friends and colleagues in the Alfa Romeo Owners Club who all spoke so highly of you. I know they will miss you very much and remember you fondly for a lifetime. Mark Baigent.

Neil Choi

The 2012 AROCA 6 hr Relay is dedicated to the memory of Tony Hawker.

A respected AROCA club and committee member, he was, additionally, an experienced and gentleman competitor at many 6 hr relays, historic race meetings and tarmac rallies. 
Sadly after a long battle with illness, Tony passed away on 26 May 2012.

He will be missed tremendously by his family, friends and fellow competitors.

Ads

First time on the forum in a while, and saddened to see this.

Tony was very kind to me when I sat on the committee a couple of years back. We discussed Tasmanian roads, 2600s and Giulietta Sprint Veloces that night, and it culminated in us spending a day around the Peninsula with Tony's gorgeous SV (and Jeremy's Giulietta QV). It was a real privilege to meet his wife Clem and enjoy their beautiful home for the day.

The last time I saw Tony was at the Melbourne Motor Show last year. Again we discussed 2600s (there was one at the Shannons auction). His smile was infectious when the passion was ignited!

Rest in peace, Tony.

Adam

Prev: 75 TS
Prev: 1974 1600GT Junior (2 litre)