Happy to be drivin my 90 again

Started by dehne, May 16, 2012, 12:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dehne

after nearly 12 months of her sitting on the nature strip just begging me to fix her, I have done it and that first drive to the petrol station brought a smile to my face, so happy to be driving her again, now might be the time to start doing little cosmetic things to make her beautiful again.

That brings me to, has anyone nput 156 leather into one of these, I pretty sure someone has done it the fronts work ok but need mods for the back, any info would be great.

Thanks Dehne
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

aggie57

"to make her beautiful again"

Mmmmm..... ;D
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

dehne

as that age old saying goes, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ;D
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Sheldon McIntosh

I seem to remember there was (an Aussie) someone on the BB that had put 156 seats in his 90.  I chatted to him briefly online 'cos he was selling another 90 that had Ronals on.  There may have been some mention of it in the 90 thread in the 'picture' forum, but I couldn't be sure on that one.  If I get a chance I'll look through my PMs on the BB.

I was under the impression that there is still a bit of work to get the 156 fronts to fit in the 90?  But I could be wrong, just going on (fading) memories there.

It would be an interesting mod, but (and just curious), why would you do it, other than for looks?  The 90 seats are incredibly comfortable in my experience.  I didn't hear any complaints from the guys that drove their 90s 4000kms through the outback a few weeks ago. 

The other problem would be that if you fitted leather (whether black or tan), it would make the rest of the interior look shithouse (whether you have the grey or blue interior).  You'd need to colour the door cards, pillar trims, headlining, carpet, and dash to match.  Not impossible, but a major PITA.

Black leather seats, and a totally black interior, would look pretty awesome on a 90 though.  You've given me some ideas for my own 90 refurbishment....

Oh, and ignore the haters, they just don't know the feeling of driving a good 90.  Shit 90s though, are shit.  I briefly drove Stu's 90 shitbox during the rally, and it was shit.  Although that might have been due to the terrible early clutch, the coolant dripping on my foot, and the broken exhaust.  But I was very happy to get back into the Alfetta.

Good to hear it's back on the road again.

Aggie, I was going to offer you a drive in Ironsides in (part) exchange for the extended loan of the engine stand, but I might have to reconsider now.....

aggie57

Ha ha Sheldon!  I'd be more than happy to take a ride in the old girl.  Would bring back memories of Dave Crump's 90 which he had for several years and used to tow Fang about with.  3rd gear all the way to Sydney and back.... :)
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list