Alfa 156 2003 JTS Interior Question

Started by frangutz, May 02, 2012, 11:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frangutz

Hi,

I saw a pre-facelift alfa 156 JTS Selespeed, 2003. However what was interesting about it is that it has a TI interior (i.e. lumber support, electric seats etc).

Was this an optional extra on that model? I've never seen this model with a TI interior.

Thanks.

=F.

AROCA - SA Member
Former 156 V6 Owner.... now 147 Monza

ausalfista

Quote from: frangutz on May 02, 2012, 11:43:36 PM
Hi,

I saw a pre-facelift alfa 156 JTS Selespeed, 2003. However what was interesting about it is that it has a TI interior (i.e. lumber support, electric seats etc).

Was this an optional extra on that model? I've never seen this model with a TI interior.

Thanks.

=F.

Hi Fran,

I don't believe this model was available as a 'Ti'.  The Ti was only released during the Giugiaro front 156 Facelift.
So it would suggest the interior has been changed?  Did it also have the Ti wheels & badging?

cheers
aa
Alfa, Porsche & Ducati's

frangutz

Hi,

Yes, I thought the TI came out after the face lift.

This one only had 16" wheels. I only saw photos. Didn't see the TI badge at the back either. That's what threw me.

That's why I was wondering if it was an optional extra.

I'll do a little more investigation! Thanks for your help.

=F.
AROCA - SA Member

Victor Lee

Our maybe yours was a cross-over model like what our 2002 156 JTS?  It had the old pre-face lift exterior but the new interior.
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

colcol

Most likely put the 'sporty' seats from a wrecked car, the interiors are cheap enough from wreckers, as said, TI was only on the series 3 Guigaro facelifted 156's, and i beleive the TI had slightly lowered suspension, the TI seats look similar to GTA seats, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

frangutz

Quote from: colcol on May 03, 2012, 08:26:18 PM
Most likely put the 'sporty' seats from a wrecked car, the interiors are cheap enough from wreckers, as said, TI was only on the series 3 Guigaro facelifted 156's, and i beleive the TI had slightly lowered suspension, the TI seats look similar to GTA seats, Colin.

Interesting. Thanks for that.
AROCA - SA Member