Looking for an alfa 156 v6

Started by frangutz, April 20, 2012, 11:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frangutz

Hi,

I'm new to this board. Am looking at joining the club at some stage.

Right now I am after a 156 V6 auto (preferably face lift model). Any body know of someone who may be selling one in SA? The only ones I have found on Carsale and Trading Post are 2002-2003. From time to time I've seen them interstate, but not really keen to get over there to buy one.

If you know of anybody that is thinking of selling or has one for sale, let me know!

=F.

AROCA - SA Member
Former 156 V6 Owner.... now 147 Monza

alanm

Good luck with your search, I have had a 2001 model 156 V6 Monza Auto for nearly 2 and a half years now and it is a lovely car.
Both the motor and the Q System auto have provided problem free motoring. In fact I would go so far as to say it's the most reliable car I have ever owned... and I still take a step back once in a while and think, wow, that's a great looking sedan.

Cheers
Alan
Present
1987 75 TS Rosso
2001 GTV V6 Nero
2001 156 V6 Monza Rosso
Past
1986 GTV6 Grand Prix
1988 33

frangutz

Quote from: alanm on April 21, 2012, 06:17:13 PM
Good luck with your search, I have had a 2001 model 156 V6 Monza Auto for nearly 2 and a half years now and it is a lovely car.
Both the motor and the Q System auto have provided problem free motoring. In fact I would go so far as to say it's the most reliable car I have ever owned... and I still take a step back once in a while and think, wow, that's a great looking sedan.

Cheers
Alan

thanks Alan. I think the V6 must be the most reliable out of all the 156s. And they are definitely a great looking car - in any guise.

If I don't find one, I'll more strongly consider either the selespeed or full manual.

=f.
AROCA - SA Member

colcol

You may consider the series 2, 2002> and the Guigario facelifted one, 2004>, it came with stability control, curtain airbags, information display in the centre dash, and slightly better airconditioning and climate control, but remember to do oil changes and cam belt changes as per book to ensure reliability, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

frangutz

Quote from: colcol on April 21, 2012, 08:09:00 PM
You may consider the series 2, 2002> and the Guigario facelifted one, 2004>, it came with stability control, curtain airbags, information display in the centre dash, and slightly better airconditioning and climate control, but remember to do oil changes and cam belt changes as per book to ensure reliability, Colin.

I see the late 2003 alfas have the same interior and engines (Euro 3) as the Guigario face lifted version. I assume that the main difference between the two is that the 2004+ models have the stability control etc which is not found in the 2003 model (and of course the front end is visually different  :) )
AROCA - SA Member

colcol

I have a 2002 JTS model and it has stability control, so i assume that the V-6 also has that, you can tell if a car has stability control by the throttle control, if it has a cable it is no stability, if it has 'fly by wire' ie no throttle cable, then it does have stability control, the early 147's had stability control as well, so it has been around for a few years, you can be safe to say that the series 1, 156's with black bumper inserts and black rear vision mirrors didn't have stability control, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]