Series 1 Alfetta 1.8

Started by Gisdan, April 05, 2012, 06:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gisdan

I've been asked to put some photos up of my above car so here they are. The first two are as purchased & the third & fourth at the end of the external refurb. The car isn't concours but has had the rust removed from the usual areas & dents knocked out etc. It is to be used as a daily driver & club competition car to advertise our ceramic coating products, as evidenced by the signs & the manifold which is ceramic coated then colour coated appropriately!! visit www.zircotec.com.au.

The car is a 6/75 series 1, 1.8 litre in Fagio. My understanding is that the car was originally registered in SA & stayed here until about 2010 when it went to Melb after sitting idle for some time. The Melb owner ran out of time / energy/ too many projects so we picked it up to run something different. There are still plenty of improvements to come but it will essentially stay standard mechanical spec with adjustments to brakes, suspension etc.

It's first event (mechanically untouched) was the Mt Alma Mile hillclimb last weekend where our best time of 1.08 put us in the last dozen cars, (it's a real horsepower hill), then the unknown clutch condition came to the fore & we withdrew from the last run so we could still drive it home, which we did. Anyway hope you enjoy a relatively rare model coming back to life with some extra bling added!
Alfetta 1.8 series 1 x 2