Video: Brad chasing Evan at PI Sept 2007

Started by Evan Bottcher, November 16, 2007, 12:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

Brad made the mistake of lending me his tapes of in-car footage from the Sprint.  Here's a bit where he's chasing me at PI earlier in the year - I'm a bit disappointed at how quickly he's catching me though.  I think I need to find some 'cojones' for a proper run at turn one.

Couple of laps later a plug fell out of one carby and it was all over for me.  Fuel everywhere...
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Fast Eddie

Nicely done B-Rad!
Gee my camera sure does take good footage doesnt it!  The ex USA billet steel camera mount isnt too shabby either.
Next time though put the wide angle lens on so that it will film the shift light and your gear changes as well  :P

It needs a "Fast Eddie Racing" sticker on the dashboard too!
i want my car back!
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Brad M

Sorry mate, having too much fun granny shifting ;)
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

Evan Bottcher

Watching this video with Bruno was amusing - he was having kittens.  "Over there"... "Too early"...  good thing you weren't there Brad.  I'm impressed though damn that Sprint goes strong and I was going to have to have a good hard think about how to stay in front of you.

Yeah great camera Ed - it seems to vibrate into telefoto mode - if you watch it is slowly creeping into more zoom.  Most of the runs after this that Brad took start well but quickly zoom into a shot of a cracked dashboard in extreme closeup.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Fast Eddie

That's a result of the camera fitter / driver, not the camera or the mount  :P  Helps if you tighten the relevant nuts
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Evan Bottcher

I reckon Brad's nuts are tight enough after that spin at turn 1  ;D

no really - in the footage it zooms in!  not just tilts downwards.  That's the camera not the mount.  Dodgy Sony.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Fast Eddie

Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

jimnielsen

Evan, your video looks much better than mine on you-tube and its much faster to download as well (even though the cars strangely seem to be in slow motion...). How do you encode it to make it code out this way?

Cheers, JimN~
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

Evan Bottcher

Hi Jim,

The youtube help page said for best results to encode to mpeg4 at 640x480, so that's what I did.  It said something about audio in mono mp3 but that isn't an option I could find in the export part of Pinnacle Studio, didn't seem to do any harm.  The videos are a bit bigger in megabytes at 640x480, but using the youtube multi-file uploader it isn't a hassle to just leave large files uploading in the background.  I was really happy with the quality of the output.

cheers,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

Jim, actually have I ever seen one of your videos on youtube?  All the in-car video I've seen you post has been on video.google.com - which is quite different I believe despite google buying youtube...
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Brad M

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on November 16, 2007, 03:24:28 PM
Watching this video with Bruno was amusing - he was having kittens.  "Over there"... "Too early"...  good thing you weren't there Brad.
Yeah, I'm sure Bruno would have been quite amused, disappointed I wasn't there... on the other hand he may have confiscated the keys and demanded I arm wrestle him for them. I am looking forward to the Racecraft next year, I definitely need it. Although I am proud of my efforts to date 9 sprints and my team got 10th in the 6 hour... not too bad for someone who had been a spectator until 9 months ago.

Quote from: Edward Hellsten on November 16, 2007, 03:50:49 PM
That's a result of the camera fitter / driver, not the camera or the mount
I think it was more that G forces generated by taking the wrong lines were forcing the zoom button to be depressed, resulting in a close shot of the cracked dash. Can be fixed though, anyone got a cherry dash for a sprint?
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Evan Bottcher

Didn't mean to unsettle your driving ego there Brad - you're quicker than I am after just a few events.  You don't need racecraft - in fact I'd really rather you didn't do it so I can keep on your tail!  Believe me Bruno pays out on all of us newbies for our interesting driving habits...  I just have to remind him who got the better individual factor at this year's 6 hour :)

Brad and I are having a great stoush at the moment - he was quicker at PI in September, but I was quicker at Sandown and on Saturday at the Winton 6 Hour (although I'm sure Brad will tell us he was focussed on 'regularity').  I'm going to miss PI in December, looking forward to continuing the battle from Winton next March...  watch this space.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Brad M

What ego?
Quote from: Evan Bottcher on November 17, 2007, 10:05:53 AM
although I'm sure Brad will tell us he was focussed on 'regularity'
I was busting my gut trying to get near your fastest time, what is regularity?     ;D
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Scott Farquharson

You Trofeo guys are really fired up lately, it's fantastic.  It's not that you are competitive or anything.
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)