I just love this

Started by MD, March 21, 2012, 09:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MD

Call me crazy but I just love this little sucker. Congratulations to whoever did all the work to make this little gem.

Of course I am imagining it with all Alfa running gear, (except for a 5 speed auto tranny), air con, hi-fi,GPS, blue tooth and all the mod cons inside it. What a beaut little cruiser this would make. With all the speed restrictions around the place and the only place you can give an Alfa some stick being on the track, I reckon this would be a delight for day trips just posing along.

Whaddaya wrecken?
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

bonkfrog

I love it! Wait on, that pink hand pump IS part of the car, isn't it?
Current: Alfetta GTV 2.0
Past: GTJ1300 (2l conversion), Giulia Supers, Giulia 1600TI

1750GT

Yeh the pink part IS part of the car, its a repro fire engine. Yeh amybe it belongs to the bad joke thread.

1750GT

MD

Er.. nobody wants to turn this site into a hot rod fraternity. Heaven forbid. All I am saying is that if you want to take off the blinkers just a tad, the amount of work involved in coming up with very personalised motoring is obviously huge and I respect that. I don't care if it is a Willy's Jeep in the end. It's about the dedication.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

L4OMEO

Quote from: MD on April 29, 2012, 12:45:32 PM
Er.. nobody wants to turn this site into a hot rod fraternity. Heaven forbid. All I am saying is that if you want to take off the blinkers just a tad, the amount of work involved in coming up with very personalised motoring is obviously huge and I respect that. I don't care if it is a Willy's Jeep in the end. It's about the dedication.

+1
2002 156 GTA

Beatle

Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd
'04 GT 3.2 Rosso/Tan - Glorious
'02 156 V6 Auto Rosso/Tan - Useful daily

MD

Some light hearted fun.Thanks Paul.  I wish I had the workshop facilities to have a crack at making my own Alfa. Goodness knows I have worked on them for a lifetime and I would love the idea of specifying one up as a unique do it yourself project. Not a rod as such but more of a serious track car using some novel approaches.

Maybe in the next life time..

Dream on..

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Beatle

I went this close (OK so you can't see my fingers ;D but it was damn close) to building an ICV based on Alfetta mechanicals, but was pipped at the post by the introduction of emissions ADR 079.   So, sadly, the idea I'd been working on for about 5 years was shelved. 

The Alfetta front end actually makes the design of a 'cubman' style chassis pretty simple (relatively speaking).  For example the lower wishbones are on parallel axis, and held in place by two bolts each.  Then, the torsion bars are an easy installation, etc etc etc.

The rear end is also relatively self-contained, the biggest problem (literally) is the size and location of the clutch housing.

A 650kg spaceframe with a Nord would be a hoot, with a TS .... fantastic, with a 3L V6.......... :o
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd

Duk

Quote from: MD on April 29, 2012, 12:45:32 PM

Those with bleeding hands and grime under the finger nails appreciate the effort and dedication!
Those who pay for the services of their standard cars..................... probably not so much support for the uniqueness.

Beatle

Google LOCOST ALFA........   ;)
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd

Gary Pearce

So Paul, seeing this is an Alfa site, how about starting with this one.
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

Beatle

OK Gary, you have my attention.  What's the story behind the car?   Is it a homebuilt jobbie?
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd

Gary Pearce

Actually it's original. Except for the colour. 1928 6c 1500 sport, that I snapped in the car park at the Alfa Museum in Arase. Lots of cars looked a bit like this back then and even Alfa Romeo didn't realy do it justice. You can see why a lot of buyers opted for Zagato or Touring of Milan for their bodies.
Not what your thread was about I guess, but you would grab alot of attention if you had one. Here is another from the archives.
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

1750GT