Another "Hi, I'm new here ... Where's the bar?"

Started by spirito, March 18, 2012, 11:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spirito

Hello, My name is Ben and I soon hope to be an Alfa owner. I appreciate reading the insight and wisdom posted by other owners/members on these forums and hope I land the right car for me.

I've always admired Alfa's and have owned other Euro marque's but it's long overdue for me and the Mrs. is also very keen on us buying a late model Alfa. Once that's out of the way and we've wet our feet  I can then start scheming on how to sneak a 105 series coupe in the garage.

Well, that's the plan anyway  ;)

ciao

Barry Edmunds

Hi Ben, Welcome to the Alfa world. Admire your ambition but I think your long term success might be better/easier if you keep Mrs Ben involved from the start. An oldage but still true; keeping the Mrs Bens involved will ensure that you and others can accumulate your toys without hindrance. Enjoy your selves anyway
Barry

spirito

Thanks Barry !!

I'd feel more comfortable to hear "Mrs. Spirito" ... as "Mrs. Ben" makes me wince more than a little even though I am generally of a liberal disposition.

Truth be told Mrs. Spirito knows me well enough and I respect her wishes. That's why we are looking to buy a reasonably modern and somewhat civilized Alfa to start with. Were it not for her criteria I'd have the whole front and back yard looking like a salvage wreckers, with various cars on blocks and in constant states of dis/repair and under primer.

Better the devil you know is something she probably mutters a few times a day and I love her for it ;)

ciao