1998/99 Spider V6

Started by stevelc, November 12, 2007, 09:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevelc

Hi

Looking at a 1998 built spider V6, The only thing that concerns me is the lack of a spare. Is this normal on these models? The dealer advises that you just have a can of the foam / gel to get you to a tyre place if you get a flat..

My question is this correct, and will this stuff the tyre or can they clean it out during tyre repair? Rang alfa re a space saver spare, they advised you can get a 15" not a 16" and this "should" be ok, priced at 965.00

I would really like to have some boot room so if the tyre foam / gel some is ok and does not stuff the tyre, then I am cool re this.. if not the will prob be a deal killer..

Any advice or experiances will be great..

Thanks
Steve

spieret

Hi Steve,

I have the GTV model you are talking about and they came with a space saver wheel. From what i have heard, if you use the foam/gel, you need to replace the entire tyre. So i guess you have to weight up the option of 965.00 for a space saver which to me seems a bit expensive, surely there would be one in a wreckers or cheaper on the net, or on the rare occurance of a flat tyre and you need to replace it $200 per tyre and new can of of foam/gel.

If you want more boot room then i guess you can go the can of foam, or alternatively, use the back seat/parcel shelf, since in mine there is barely any room anyway as the front seats pretty much sit against the back.
Owning a GTV, if i have to explain... you'll never understand...

Current:
1998 916 V6 GTV

Victor Lee

Try Hugh Harrison at Alfpa Repairs/Monza Motors  (03) 9729 9946.

He's got one space saver there right now!  Price: $450.00
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb