sprint build up

Started by meizhak, August 17, 2011, 12:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meizhak

Paul,

Im hoping to be finished within a couple of months.

Am running standard 1.5 twin carb till i build one of the 16v I have.

Im more concerned about sorting out brakes and suspension and getting to know the car before repowering.

Cheers

Meizhak
1979 alfetta gtv 2000`
series 1 alfa 33 1.7i 16v

colcol

Loctite make a lot of products, low, medium, high strength thread lockers, even thread lockers called 'wick in', that is, you can't pull the thread apart to locktite it so you put this 'wick in', and it seeps in, i used to use it on Sud rear view mirrors that used to vibrate out of position, to remove loctite, heat it up with an oxy-acetelene, or paint removing heat gun, heat it up until the loctite starts to smoke, then you have killed it, let it cool and undo your fastener, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

meizhak

Yeah loctite definatly make some good products.

can somebody confirm for me what type of wing mirrors this model should have on it?

Are they similar to alfetta GTV ones?

Do they screw straight through the door? mine came with some crappy XC ford looking ones on it which screwed into two plastic inserts in the top of the door near the weather strip.

I Am thinking about putting a half cage in as well. Does anyone have any photos of a cage installed in a sprint?

Shack
1979 alfetta gtv 2000`
series 1 alfa 33 1.7i 16v

Fetta GTV

Have a look on Alfaowner.com in the technical section

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-33-sud-and-sprint/

Heaps of Sprint info on race cars.
Need to be a member to get the pics to view
1979 Alfetta GTV
1986 Alfa Sprint 1.5 twin carb