Vail Charles (David) Gwynn

Started by Neil Choi, March 01, 2012, 07:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

David Gwynn (long time AROCA club member) passed away Tuesday 28th February.

Service will be conducted Friday 2 March at Le Pines Bourke Rd Camberwell, 2:30pm.

David Gwynn was a long time AROCA club member who attended and assisted at all competition events and was my inspiration to officiating at competition events.

He was a much respected and well liked member.  He would officiate at all events including competitions and Spettacolo.  He also attended all club meeting and it was a pleasure to meet up with him all the time.

He always drove around in his red original Alfetta GTV6 which I have many times offered to purchase from him.  In his retirement, he travelled endlessly caravanning around Australia with his wife Roslyn.

Rest in peace, David.

Regards
Neil

colcol

Very sorry to hear about David passing away, ripper bloke, used to bring his Range Rover to events about 15 years ago for recovery, he was one of the register captains when it started about 15 years ago, for Alfettas of course, was at all the Alfa Romeo 6 hours, back in the early 90's, club members from other clubs who knew him would always comment on what a gentleman he was, we shared a strange bond, we both had owned one of the original Volkswagon Passat's, last time i seen him was at the 2010 Spectacolo at Como park, only said hello, without our usual chat, as it flat out that day, his GTV6 looked great as ever, always a pleasure to talk to him, R.I.P. David, deepest sympathy to Roslyn, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

aggie57

Sorry to hear - thanks for the text as well Neil (assume it was you? I'm in Singapore and the text came through as some strange number). He was, as you say, a really genuine nice guy.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list