Wakefield Park FOSC 20-21 October 2007

Started by Paul Newby, October 24, 2007, 05:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Newby

Guys,

Can't believe that this is my first post of the year... :D

I thought that Phil Baskett who travelled north to take us on would have reported on last weekends Festival of Sporting Cars meeting at Wakefield Park. There was a healthy Group S contingent of 7 split between Alfettas (4) and 105s (3) - of those 6 were Sc and 1 Sb. There was another red Alfetta GTV (with stripes) that will be Sc shortly but was not legal for the weekend so had to run in other categories.

It would appear that I have the only Group S Alfetta that doesn't have stripes... ::)
1974 2000 GT Veloce (Le Mans Blue) - Restoration project
1975 Alfetta GT (Periwinkle Blue Metallic) - Group S racer - Sold!
2009 147 Monza 3Dr (Kyalami Black) - Don't ask!
2010 VW Passat R36 Wagon (Biscay Blue) - Daily Driver
2015 VW Golf GTI Performance (Night Blue) - Wife's Runabout

alfagtv58

Hi Paul,

I sort of did post something...
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,68/topic,800.msg3596/#new

How is John Pucak going, has he come to terms with the engine let go?  I really felt for him after the conrod going through the block....ouch :'(  Danny's new Group S car looks great, and no doubt he will be very quick once sorted....look out at Bathurst.

Stripes are sooo last year, you should go for flames....no wait, do the skulls in pearl paint.  Fully sick.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfagtv58

Couple of Photo's courtesy of Tony Harriott
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Paul Newby

Hey Phil,

Silly me... The New South Wales Board, doah!! I didn't know about that. I should revert to that thread. ???

But seeing that I'm here....

I think John P was pretty philosophical when I had a coffee with him on Tuesday. He had overheating problems in Queensland and replaced the head gasket prior to Wakefield Park, plus he stripped the chain tensioner bolt - so it was a lot of hassles and late nights.

Having said that. I don't think that John would mind me saying that he had brought this engine cheaply as a "going concern" so its history is a bit of a mystery. Hopefully the head, which has had some recent work on is salvageable, but whether I can have his Borgo 10.4 pistons for my road 105 project is a moot point. Miraculously the exhaust headers appear to have escaped damage.

I've suggest to John that when he rebuilds he should incorporate a rev limiter, a mechanical oil pressure guage and an oil light - that way he may be able to switch it off if the pressure drops and prevent a big bang like he experienced.

No stripes for me - 100% original even down to the black front spoilers and black lower rear apron. I know, soooo 1975....  8)
1974 2000 GT Veloce (Le Mans Blue) - Restoration project
1975 Alfetta GT (Periwinkle Blue Metallic) - Group S racer - Sold!
2009 147 Monza 3Dr (Kyalami Black) - Don't ask!
2010 VW Passat R36 Wagon (Biscay Blue) - Daily Driver
2015 VW Golf GTI Performance (Night Blue) - Wife's Runabout