Spettacolo

Started by alfagtv58, November 08, 2007, 09:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv58

Calling all Alfas!
The Victorian Division of the Alfa Romeo Owners' Club's annual Spettacolo event is to be held at Como Park in South Yarra on Sunday November 18. Alfa Romeos ranging from the pre-1940s to the latest 159 and Brera models, and all models in between, will be on display.

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of its release, the very popular 156 model has been selected as the 'Featured' model this year.

A total of 14 classes will be judged in the Concours and Wash 'N Shine categories and visitors will also have an opportunity to vote for their favourite Alfa in the Peoples Choice Award.
Entries accepted on the day. Judging of cars starts at 10am. Entry is free and all Alfa Romeo owners, supporters of the marque and enthusiasts welcome. Catering available.

I have attached the rules and judging criteria, so you know what you are up against!!
Further details: pr@alfaclubvic.org.au or mob: 0405 383 431.
or: register@alfaclubvic.org.au or mob: 0408 573 596
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfagtv58

Concorso Judging Pt.1 (in 3 parts due to file size!)
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfagtv58

Concorso Judging Pt.2 (in 3 parts due to file size!)
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfagtv58

Concorso Judging Pt.3 (in 3 parts due to file size!)
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfagtv58

2009 159 JTS Ti

Evan Bottcher

Well I'm very pleased Phil - even just to have the 'wash'n'shine' rules available for the wider community to read prior.  Sheldon and I judged the 900 series wash'n'shine last year according to these rules and we were later very disappointed to receive an angry letter from a member who felt that we were biased.  The member clearly did not understand the categories or method by which we judge wash'n'shine nor the 'spirit' of the event.  I wasn't keen to put my hand up again this year but am more likely to now.

thanks,
Evan (has worked out how to to type with two hands again)
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Jekyll and Hyde

Hmmm.... If, as I think and hope I have, I've sorted the issues with my EFI this weekend, I might have to make a trip down that way on Sunday!  Will there be the facility to rejoin AROCA, as my membership lapsed quite some time ago when I had a sabbatical from my beloved (and behated!) GTV...

Evan Bottcher

I'll ask the committee to confirm and publicise, but there is generally a membership discount at spettacolo.  Memberships can be taken on the day, with credit card facilities to make it easy.

The club shop has had an enormous boost of new stock this year with the attention of new club shop officers Ali Kutuk and Vanessa Sharp, so I expect the club shop will be PUMPING at Spettacolo.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Pete Y

So, just to confirm...

There's no visitors class this year? My membership ran out in Sep and i didnt renew because the Alfa is for sale, and now I have to park outside?

Mini/'02/Mini/2000 GTV/1750 Berlina/Alfasud Sprint/900 Aero/NB MX5/Punto/Mondeo XR5/up!/MiTo TCT

shane wescott

What time do you guys normally setup and start.
Current Cars:

No Alfa's :-(

Previous Cars:
1991 White 164
86 White GTV6 Zender Body Kit
90 Red 75 TS
98 Blue GTV 2.0
85 Red 33 1.5 TI
85 Red 33 1.7 Carby
83 Silver 33 1.5 GCL
70 Blue Berlina 1750
70 White Berlina 1750

70 White Berlina 1750 (my first)

Current Bikes:

2002 Yellow Ducati ST2 944

branko.gt

Quote from: Pete Y on November 12, 2007, 02:48:14 PM
So, just to confirm...

There's no visitors class this year? My membership ran out in Sep and i didnt renew because the Alfa is for sale, and now I have to park outside?

what  ???  :o  you are selling your Berlina   :o  the love is gone  :'(  ???

there is no reason why any Alfa should be parked outside !!! all Alfas are welcome to park inside the oval.

Evan Bottcher

In years past organisers have arrived from around 7am (me included, but not this year).  Cars for display on the oval are encouraged to arrive around 8:30am and take place to reduce the amount of traffic during the day.  Most years it's all over by about 3pm, with a lot of cars leaving earlier.

I love it every year - like a festival for me.  Some say it's just the same cars, but I love seeing the familiar as well as the new.  Lots to look at, the club shop always has something new, coffee man makes good coffee.  I never get to see every car on display!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Stuart Thomson

Hi Guys,

Just read the Wash 'n Shine judging.  In previous years we've had to judge the interior.  Good move to drop that as people are reticent to leave their cars unlocked.  Anyway my car's interior is never as clean as it could be, so I'm happy.

Cheers
Stuart

Evan Bottcher

Hmm I'm not so sure - that would have had a dramatic effect on the class I judged last year.  I agree regarding leaving cars unlocked, but surely keeping the car's interior clean is important for a 'general upkeep' class?  Maybe we could keep a couple of points for the general appearance of the interior, as viewed from outside the car without opening doors/windows?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Jekyll and Hyde

Haha - I just read the wash and shine rules.... Mine would probably score about 50-60%.  Not quite as bad as I thought it'd do, but still.