They certainly know how to take photos...

Started by Evan Bottcher, February 18, 2012, 10:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancho

wow - that looks like an RC model car. Check the fat rear end, love the finish and attention to detail on their builds - race it - like you stole it.

Evan Bottcher

In case anyone missed - it's a genuine 1600 GTA, not one of their replicas.  More photos here:
http://www.alfaholics.com/our-cars/customer-car-builds/1965-fia-app-k-1600-gta-restoration/

I like GTA p**n.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

Kiwiboy105

Seriously awesome stuff those TS engines. Anyone have any idea on cost? The thought of my 72 GTV running a 200HP engine needs to be explored! ;)
"You are not a true petrolhead until you've owned an Alfa" - J Clarkson

pancho

A 200hp TS through AH is about AU13-17k. I hear though that these engines are built elsewhere in Europe (not by AH thrmselves ) though. Vin could build you a nice one as well if you needed one - but call him for an estimate I guess.

I'm not looking at the receipts on mine - easier to just shred them.

Davidm1600

There is no doubt that those AH clones let cars they are restoring shows their capabilities. Yup a 200bhp engine is going to cost big bucks, but then again so would a high spec engine built out here. A mate of mine had Vin build him a special engine and gearbox for his project Giulia Ti Super replica he was building. The cost in excess of $14k and that was some years ago.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

ItalCarGuy

Quote from: Davidm1750 on June 07, 2012, 10:39:12 PM
There is no doubt that those AH clones let cars they are restoring shows their capabilities. Yup a 200bhp engine is going to cost big bucks, but then again so would a high spec engine built out here. A mate of mine had Vin build him a special engine and gearbox for his project Giulia Ti Super replica he was building. The cost in excess of $14k and that was some years ago.

Dave, did you ever hear who GC sold it to?

Davidm1600

No he never mentioned. I had hoped to catchup with at Byron bay when we were up there back in Feb but it just didnt happen. I could get in touch to find out as have his mo ph No. Would be nice to think that there had been progress on that Super, given how much had been done/spent on it.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Barry Edmunds

Hey Guys, it is a Super, of course it looks good. Even better with the AH good bits bolted on. The excellent photos just add to the end result and make an already good looking car even better. At a rough guess I'd reckon that the suggestion of many tens of thousands would just be a starting point. Just wish I had that sort of a budget.