Hi all from SEQ.

Started by funniest thing, January 31, 2012, 12:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funniest thing

Hi all, we have just bought my wife a gorgeous little 147ti in black 2004 build and have both fell in love with her. She needs a little TLC which i am looking after myself as i enjoy a challenge and have lots of time to dedicate to such a worthy pastime. :P

Andrew & Robyn.

dehne

hi and welcome, SEQ i assume ur in south east queensland hope you enjoy the car and any questions you might have dont hessitate to post on here as someone will be able to answer them.
dehne
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: funniest thing on January 31, 2012, 12:40:08 PM
She needs a little TLC

What's the 147 like?  ;D

Sorry.  Couldn't resist.  Welcome to the forum!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

funniest thing

thanks Dehne and Evan for you're welcome,
We are in south east Queensland not too far from Dreamworld. I've been studying every 147/156 thread on the forums here for the last couple of weeks, going back years to give me some insight into the peculiararities of these vehicles. This is the first Alfa we have had but i think it was destined to happen, as ever since i first hit my teens in the late 70's living in Seaford close to Frankston and a neighbor bought a brand new black 2 door alfasud. It was the hottest little car in the street and then a couple of years latter traded it in on what i think was a red sprint. I think that may have started my yearning for something sports styled which i finally achevied only a few years ago when i purchased my pride and joy a red 350z. My wife has always had an aversion to driving it though so hence the addition of the alfa to the family, now it's a fight over who gets the keys to the 147 first.  ;D It's a 2005 MY2004 Black 147 ti selespeed, sunroof and sports leather. looks really nice.

funniest thing

Sorry Evan, as far as the TLC goes i'm getting the standard ti alloys re-rolled (they were all a bit wobbly), fitted new rear pads and flushed the fluid, oil and filter change, gearbox oil change, power steer fluid change. A couple of little bits and pieces and just a thorough clean.

Cool Jesus

Quote from: funniest thing on January 31, 2012, 07:29:18 PM
This is the first Alfa we have had but i think it was destined to happen.

Hey guys, welcome aboard, you can finally call yourselves true petrol heads  :D
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

Darryl

Hi,
Sounds like the 147 is in good hands - keep up the TLC and, given where you are - don't forget a regular Italian tuneup via Mt Tamborine or a nice loop over the border via Numinbah and Currumbin valley... Spent a lot of time on those roads in an Alfetta GT a long time ago, not to mention a pushbike even longer ago, and its still a favorite drive.

ItalCarGuy

Welcome! I love the 147s in Black.

Quote from: funniest thing on January 31, 2012, 07:29:18 PM
tliving in Seaford close to Frankston and a neighbor bought a brand new black 2 door alfasud.

Betcha the Alfasud didn't last long after a couple of years in Seaford :(

funniest thing

Hi darryl, yes the drive around Mt Tamborine is very nice and not we aren't far from Mt Cotton either  ;D. I used to spend a lot of time riding motorcycles in Vic up Arthurs Seat, Red Hill & Flinders and Tamborine to Nerang reminds me a lot of the same.
And you're right Derek the Sud was traded before she disappeared completly mind you not many other brand cars could stand up to the rigors in seaford  :D .