Jan Cross+Serpent

Started by Evan Bottcher, January 26, 2012, 07:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

Great magazine, well done guys.  Mary and Victor's car looks fabulous on the cover.  I wonder about the color reproduction though - is it my imagination or does the car have a slight tint of green?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Brad M

The green tint comes from looking at such a sweet setup. I do love a 24v in a GTV6.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

Stuart Thomson

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on January 26, 2012, 07:27:46 AM
Great magazine, well done guys.  Mary and Victor's car looks fabulous on the cover.  I wonder about the color reproduction though - is it my imagination or does the car have a slight tint of green?

Possibly a reflection of the almost pristine blue skies off the yellow car?

Thanks for the encouragement.

Cheers
Stuart

Stuart Thomson

Nope, just checked the original photo, definite green tinge to the upper panels of the car.  Where have you been storing the car Victor?

Cheers
Stuart

Barry Edmunds

Magazine comments much appreciated.

As for the green tint; perhaps the car had been sitting idle for so long it encouraged the moss to start growing

Barry

Neil Choi

David Ogg's youtube for your convenience.

David Mills

As always one of the best club mags I have ever seen.  For those of you who enjoyed Jock's article on the Mille (p24), I need to add a bit of amplification on the trip up to Falls.  Later in the the day, "the old bloke in the Austin Healy" was heard to remark; "I thought I was pushing it a bit up the hill but I couldn't shake off that bloody yellow Gelati van!"

No, I'm not the old bloke in the Healy.  I'm the old bloke with the Z4R in the pic along side the Gelati van.