good panelshop in MEL. recommendations??

Started by wankski, January 24, 2012, 09:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wankski

Hi Guys...

so, long story, but need my roof resprayed... it also has two small dents near the windshield...

anyways, getting quotes from LD doncaster and Rugolo... but does anyone know of a small panelshop that does careful but reasonably priced work??

also does anyone know of a mobile guy that will sand back, fill and paint in a localised area & feather out rather than respray the whole panel??

i assume this won't be cheap...

anyways, recommendations preferably near enough to the city would be good.

Cheers,

Joe

Neil Choi

wankski

thanks Neil, got the same reccy from the other alfa site!! must be good. Locked in for a quote, cheers!

Joe

John Hanslow

Also Extreme Body Repairs in dandenong.

Like Rankins in Bayswater, they both have worked on a variety of club cars from general repairs to concourse restoration.

Cheers
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

colcol

The guy seems to like Alfa Romeo's and has a good eye for picking up different reds, which are quite hard to match, but Dandenong a fair drive, but who cares if its a good job, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

massiveluvbuddy67

Quote from: As the day goes on July 26, 2016, 06:33:13 PM
Are the names here mentioned still current in terms of recommendations for a respray?

Yes...go and see Paul Rankin and say Neil Choi, Colin Thomas and Phil Nash have all recommended him to you.
He calls it straight...
Cheers
Phil

massiveluvbuddy67

Yes...it is better to know where you are at and then you can reflect on approach, act and not be dissappointed no-one was straight with you.

Done it cheap once and properly twice. If the car is
1. a keeper the latter applies.
2. an investment you will flip, the latter applies
3. not an investment grade car but a driver, I suggest the former

Just my 2c

kaleuclint

Need a dent pulled so dropped in to Rankin's and Lance Dixon (which is now Doncaster Autobody division of Doncaster Prestige).  The former was working on a 105, 5-series and what will be a superb and no doubt expensive 2CV from bare metal -- and there were more out the back.  The latter had a Bentley and current model Range Rover being attended to.

I now need the insurer to come to the party.  If they don't I might just withdraw the claim and pay the full tote to get it done properly.

Paul Rankin is looking for a nice 159 1750 so it'd be done right!  Not that it wouldn't anyway.
2011 159ti 1750TBi