How to get 75 TS ARC Oil Level Light to go off and stay off?

Started by Darryl, January 14, 2012, 03:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darryl

The 75 TS has more or less every possible way to report on engine oil supply fitted:

A dip stick (thie thing I use to check oil level)
A pressure gauge (the thing I look at)
A pressure sensor switch + light on the gauge (the thing I don't really look at but replace if it leaks, or makes the light come on due to a sensor fault...)
A level sensor switch (annoyingly located behind aircon compressor mount) that makes the ARC do more silly things than usual if its faulty.

Of course, in practice, other than the first very reliable item, the others just conspire to ensure at least one is faulty at any given time...

Given the sheer uselessness of the last one, a dislike of light shows, a dread of what the part costs and it being hard to get to and an oil level warning all the time on the ARC, I tried shorting the plug that goes to the sensor - this didn't work... I tried messing with a few handy loads rather than a dead short there to see if that made the light go off - still comes on....

Do I have some other fault or is there a trick to getting this to work? The last 75 I had someone had kindly "fixed" this before it came into my hands and I assumed that there was nothing more than a shoring link under the insulation tape - was I wrong?

Darryl

I must have some other fault between the ARC and the sensor - pretty sure a short should work. Will live with it for now... One light that can be cancelled on the ARC isn't bad....