Sud 1.5 Twin Carb Engine Headers

Started by Sportscar Nut, December 19, 2011, 09:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportscar Nut

Anyone got a set of headers for a Sud? Might be interested in the single carb headers if no alternative.

Thanks
Paul

colcol

Obviously the headers are different from Sud to 33, but are the headers different between single carb and twin carbs on Suds as i have never measured them, the twin carbs may have gas recirculating pipes, but they are easily blocked off, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Sportscar Nut

Colin

Twin carb has longer primaries from memory with NO gas recirculating pipes so are quite rare and thought will be hard to find and hence the 'may take 1.5 single carb headers'. Really only need to for a mates Sud that has my old ANSA twin carb extractors fitted (and want them back as he is selling).

Thanks
Paul

giulia_veloce

Hi Paul

I have a set or sud exhaust header pipes here,with no emission pipes.
The 4 pipes are roughly 3 ft long
Second hand and original

Price = 4 dozen cans of Coke or Pepsi and pick up only

Robert

colcol

The 105 horse power 33's had gas recirculators on them and they would connect to the 2 pipes at the top of the air cleaner, the 95 horse power 33's had no gas recirculators on them as they ran cleaner than the 'dirty 105' horse power, i have a 95 rated extractor on my 33 and it fits and runs ok, cause that was the only one the wrecker had, however with Suds the 105 horse power motor wasn't sold here, so they never had the recirculating pipes, so there wouldn't be any about, engine pipes that is, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Sportscar Nut

Colin

The Aust delivered TiQV definately had no gas re-circulating pipes and neither did the Euro spec 105 hp's so believe both cars had the same engine headers. Think the only difference between the engines were Euro & non Euro spec heads as a mate 'twin carbed' his Series 3 Sud Ti single carb 20 odd years ago and purchased the heads from an English wrecker.

Thanks Robert, will send you a PM but just have to arrange logistics.

Paul