AROCA NSW 6Hour - Eastern Creek 10&11th November 2007

Started by sud35, November 15, 2007, 12:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sud35

Howdy all, a few pics from our 6hour on the weekend at Eastern Creek.  More to come in a couple of days.  When are you Victorians going to move your 6hour a bit further away from ours (date not distance!), so we can come down and join in like we used to...?
Cheers, Jason.

Jason Doyle
79 Alfasud Ti - Sports Sedan
88 75 TS

sud35

a few more...
Jason Doyle
88 75 TS

sud35

I'll post more in a couple of days...
Jason Doyle
88 75 TS

Victor Lee

Hi Jason,

Did u drive?  No pics (yet) of the pizza box?  Hows that MASSIVE rear wing going?

The 2008 AROCA Vic Six Hour date has already been set.  I'll email u later with the actual date.

Cheers

Victor
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

alfagtv58

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Evan Bottcher

Hi Jason - what a brilliant bunch of photos!  I particularly like the look of the bronze Alfetta car no. 5E getting the front left a bit light.  What a great looking car!  I do like that colour a lot.

'Tis a shame about dates.  I can't imagine we can go much earlier as the Phillip Island 6 hour runs in September.  Something definitely for consideration for 2009 though.

cheers,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Neil Choi

AROCA Vic 6 hr is set on Oct 25 and 26 2008 at Winton

Very difficult to vary date due to weather and other competing events and schedules.

But really like AROCA NSW and AROCA SA to participate and compete.  Makes a nice AROCA 6 hr challenge.

Neil

sud35

Quote from: Victor Lee on November 15, 2007, 10:12:15 AM

Did u drive?  No pics (yet) of the pizza box?  Hows that MASSIVE rear wing going?

Hi Victor
No wasn't driving this year, there is a strange uneasy sense of relaxation about the whole weekend when you're not racing!  I helped out Team 9 (Team Quadrifoglio), which was half of our regular Team Sud (Phil Whalley & Paul Murray) and half of the regular Team Quadrifoglio (David Wong, George Tillet and new-comer David Harris in his first open racein his Silver GTV6, well done David!).  There were 4 Alfa teams all up.  We came 7th on handicap and first Alfa team, just nudging out last years winners Team 5 (Alfisti Racing) by 7 hundredths of a lap! then came Team 11 ("Thomson Alfa" featuring the maiden voyage for John Milan's beautiful orange GTV6). The other Alfa team came 4th outright and 19th on handicap (due to 26 penalty laps, well done "Italian Challenge & one local", team 4.)

At last year's 6 hour, I had a brief venture into the kitty litter on turn 3 (broken steering tie rod end), after repairing the steering (by stealing a tie rod end off a Sud in the carpark) I went out again only to develop a miss on the first lap, the engine then expired in the pits.  We found a couple of pieces of kitty litter on the crossmember, it seems one may have bounced into the LHS cambelt causing it to skip 2 teeth, the piston then proceeded to bump into valves and destroy the head... It's being repaired and I'll be running it next year at various events.  So I've basically had a year off spending time and money rebuilding our 75TS road car... new engine, big brakes, drivetrain etc etc, it never ends!

Hi Evan, yes Ian Adamson's Bronze Alfetta is a lovely car (he built it all himself), looks great when the sunlight reflects directly off it, like a golden Alfetta!  Who runs the Phillip Island 6 hour?  Do you guys compete in that as well?

A few more pics follow.  Cheers, Jason.

Jason Doyle
88 75 TS

sud35

4 more
Jason Doyle
88 75 TS

sud35

last ones...
Jason Doyle
88 75 TS

Evan Bottcher

Nice Suds!  Toot toot!   ;D

We run a team that *should* be all Suds in the 6 hour - "Team Trofeo" this year we came 10th and second Alfa team.  Next year we'll go top 5 for sure.

Three Suds - myself, Brad Marshall, and Dave McCulloch.  Andrew Carra runs his Lotusud Elise (he has a broken Sud in the garage, he keeps promising to get it on the track).  Sheldon McIntosh this year joined us but agreed to put an Alfasud sticker on his 90.  Three out of five aint bad.

The Phillip Island 6 hour is the 'other' victorian 6 hour relay organised by the Gippsland Car Club, Victorian Mini Club, and PIARC.  I believe it's quite a good event with a full field of teams.  I don't think any Alfa teams have competed in it yet, but you never know maybe next year?  I think it's brilliant the popularity of this style of event now run under a 2S license means that both 6 hours in Victoria have full fields.

Vic Alfa club members also head over to Malalla in South Aus for their 6 hour, which is also a hoot.

Are any/many from the NSW club heading to the Fiat Al Monte this year???
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

sud35

Sounds like you had a great time regardless of the 2 Sud impersonators!  6hours are a lot of fun, my favourite race of the year.  Next year we may have to come down and challenge for the top 5 too.

I competed in the Fiat Al Monte a couple of years ago with a third place in the hillclimb going up the esses at Bathurst, it was a very hot January day, the cars didn't like it much, but it was great being with the Fiat crew (some we already knew).  One of the local BLCC guys said I would have got second if I took my wing off...  One of our members John Milan is planning to do a couple of events at Bathurst in his new GTV6 (the orange one in the pics above), his workshop is at Lyndhurst, not far from Bathurst.  Not sure if the Fiat one is on his list, I've mentioned it to him. It's unfortunately held at a quiet time of the year when most people (me included) try and fulfill new years resolutions and do some work on the race car!
Jason Doyle
88 75 TS