EMR - Run to Maldon Sunday December 4th

Started by Evan Bottcher, November 19, 2011, 02:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wankski

cool, i'll confirm... i'll be there in a 04 156 v6.

in red.... AR130 red... ;)

Miss Alfa Sprint

Count me in  8), just me and my 33 that is  :P
1979 Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5L (Blue)
1989 Alfa 33 1.7 IE (Red)

To see my amazing photography visit http://www.marisagangemi.com/

colcol

I will be there on Sunday in the 156, just me, i am having a Ella free day!, i will be staying for lunch, thanks Evan, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

colcol

Thanks a lot Evan for organising such a good day, the roads were good, the variety of cars was a wide selection of different models including a Maserati, which is part of the family now, the lunch at the Hotel was nice and they didn't take too long, then we went to the Mt. Tarrengower hillclimb and had a group photo and we had a chance to have a chat to some new members, also we met some  people off the Forum, and its good to meet Alfa drivers who you only see voicing their opinions on various subjects, only downside is i managed to get lost 3 times, this time i blame the sun shining on my GPS, not allowing me to read it properly, thanks for the day Evan, look forward to the next Cruise in 2012, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

massiveluvbuddy67

Thanks Evan. A great day with good people. The interesting facts on the map kept Branko and I amused.
Best Regards
Phil

dehne

nice to meet you evan, even though i was late to get there, i seen a lot of nice alfas as i went up the hill as you were all going down, and to sheldon it was me that yelled ur name as i drove past, and miss sprint i see you went totally in the wrong direction after coming off the mountain, but you werent the only one as you had a follower.
i hope you all had fun, chuck some pics up, and hopefully i will get to meet the rest of you on another run soon, and have the 90 back on the road.
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

colcol

Hey Dehne, i was hoping to meet you, but the only 90 i saw was Sheldon's, what car were you driving?, Colin.

dehne

i was in the 4x4 pajero that went up the mountain as you were all coming down, i was a bit pissed that i missed out but next time hopefully it will work out.
were you in the 156 at the top with miss sprint, when all the others had left
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Miss Alfa Sprint

Quote from: dehne on December 04, 2011, 10:05:07 PM
i was in the 4x4 pajero that went up the mountain as you were all coming down, i was a bit pissed that i missed out but next time hopefully it will work out.
were you in the 156 at the top with miss sprint, when all the others had left

Omg i was freaking out i was wondering, who is this random guy waving at me????  :o, sorry i didn't wave back or say anything i was trying to call my dad, vodafone reception was crap and on top of that mountain was where i got 1 bar!   :-[

btw. after yesterday i am not ignoring my gps and following other Alfas again  :P ..... and i am going to make sure my lights are switched off when i park...  :-[ :-[ :-[

wankski

yes, thanks for a nice - very well organised drive into Maldon. Good people, nice cars, great cafe & pub and the weather more or less cooperated!

thank god it didn't end like this:
http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-news/3-million-smash-supercars-caught-in-mass-pileup-20111205-1odyh.html
:P

great turn out as the pic below shows...

Miss Alfa Sprint

Evan Bottcher

Glad everyone enjoyed the run and the lunch.  I think I counted 25 cars at the lunch meetup?  Was also great to meet a couple of the goldfields chapter members.  Sorry I didn't say a proper hello wankski - I didn't realise who you were till later on, and I was a little preoccupied.

Next event in the great north will be a convoy to the picnic at hanging rock on Feb 12th - see the notice http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/content/view/291/1/.  All cars are welcome although only 25+yo cars can be displayed, everyone else has to park in the general admission area and lug their picnic baskets to the club display area.  I'll be collaborating with Barry Williams convenor of the goldfields chapter on this event.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

colcol

They said on the telly tonight panel beating bill 3 million dollars, and the rest!, maybe on the next Cruise we shouldn't travell so close together in case someone in his silver 156 is trying to work his GPS, and rear ends everyone in front, whatever you do, don't follow me, i once lost my car at Bunnings for about an hour, but Sunday was a great day, thanks Evan, Colin.