Lakeside this Sunday

Started by hammer, October 30, 2011, 08:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer

Troops,

Only six sleeps until the 2011 Festival of Italian Motorsport - our annual excuse to mix with our Italian car club brethren and get a good dose of petrol in our nostrils.

Keith has had a great response to the Show & Shine. If you are looking for a fantastic Sunday outing, polish up the chariot and come out to Lakeside. Whether you want to have a crack at the Show & Shine or just watch the action on track, it'll be a cracker of a day.

Come down to the pits and bullshit a little with those of us who like to waste our hard-earned cash pushing Alfas to the limit. We have 18 Italian cars participating in the racing category and 19 in the regularity, which will make for plenty of entertainment.

If you have a track car and your circumstances have changed in the past couple of weeks, allowing you to have a run on November 6, contact Ken Percival immediately and score one of those three remaining competition spots.

Please spread the word to your mates who don't read the forums. This will be a memorable Sunday of Italian action. Come and be a part of it. Gates open 8am and entry is $10 per person over 12 years of age. Under 12s FREE.

See you at Lakeside Park, Lakeside Rd, Kurwongbah.

Brent

MD

I might be hobbling a bit but I'll be there..

Last night some rebels from competition came around and chained my right leg to a post so I couldn't get to Lakeside on Sunday but I fooled them.

I took two aspirins and cut the  legs off.

There's no way I am missing this !!!  ;D ;D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

hammer

A great day at Lakeside today for the 2011 Festival of Italian Motor Sport.

All three Ferraris entered had to withdraw for various reasons but the Alfas and Fiats had a great time. No substantial panel damage (just a couple of minor "kisses"), a couple of bent valves and a few electrical gremlins to report, but overall just good clean racing and a shitload of fun.

Darryl took a mountain of pics and promises to post some for us very soon.

Results: Regularity
1. Terry O'Sullivan - Fiat 125
2. Doug Stonehouse - Alfa GTV 2000
3. Steve Bowdery - Alfetta GTV

Racing
1. Me - Alfa Giulietta
2. Philip Simmie - Alfa GTV 2000
3. Mark Jackson - Alfa Sud

The Giulietta ran like a dream and made me look good yet again. It managed to propel me to another Lakeside PB with a 62.90 in race 3, bettering the 62.96 qualifying time we posted back in july on green tyres & one muffler. Today was worn tyres, 2 mufflers, hot day, but Phil Simmie breathing down my neck. Sometimes all you need is a bit of motivation!

Thanks again to all the guys who participated, all the club members who polished up their machines for the show & shine and all the friends, family and club mates who made the trip out to Lakeside to support/chat/lend a hand.

Cheers, Brent

MD

Sunshine all around and Italian cars wall to wall doing battle on the bitumen. It doesn't get better than this. Enjoyed mingling with the Fiat lads who were as keen as mustard. Some of the sights in the car display wound up giving me gravel rash of the bottom lip and dehydration from drooling but I guess I will recover after  I sink a few ales.

Great day guys and Brent, you need to carry three fire extinguishers. One for Joolie, one for your arse and a spare one just in case the other two don't work. You guys were SMOKIN all day !!!  ;D ;D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Darryl

Pics....
I have way too many. I've uploaded a select few here - a few examples below.

If you want a pic or 3 of something in particular I probably have it, but be warned - was playing with a new lens (Sigma EX 70-200mm f2.8) for the first time and I can confirm it/the Pentax body (probably the latter) autofocus isn't quite fast enough and is really good at focusing what would have been the subject if someone hadn't stuck a racecar in the way. So thats that experiment done - all previous racing "action" pics of mine are manual focused with old Tamron SPs and any fuzziness in them you can blame on me - will be reverting to that for shots through kink towards Hungry's in future (have lots of those from Sunday, but very few in focus)...

bowds116

current : 1980 Alfetta GTV 116 (w/TS running gear)
              2001 156 TS manual
             1998 GTV V6

Kiwiboy105

Great photos.  I was out there too but without my little blue car :'(  But got to meet a couple of the guys and had a bit of a chat and took some pics  ;)

It was a very warm day but a good one.  Nice to meet Doug and Serg from the club.
"You are not a true petrolhead until you've owned an Alfa" - J Clarkson