75 vs alfetta hubs

Started by BradGTV, November 06, 2011, 07:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BradGTV

quick question.
i have a set of 75 twinspark hubs that i want to put on my gtv.
are the hubs interchangeble or do i need to put the TS upright in aswell?
cheers, brad
79 gtv sr20, 83 gtv, 83 gtv6 3.0, 75 ts x 3, 85 gtv, 76 gt, 91 164, Subey L Series, S13 silvia, Bmw e30 318i, VT SS 6spd

Alan Hopla

Brad,
I have fitted a set of 75TS 5 stud hubs to an 83 GTV in the past.
I'm pretty sure that the hub spindle diameters of both the outer and inner bearings were the same, I did fit new bearings however so may have changed them to suit. (That said I even put the 4 stud 116 hubs on the 75 to keep it off the ground and don't think I did anything to those bearings).
If also fitting the vented brakes and Brembo calipers then you will need to swap the backing/dust plate as the calliper cutout is different.

I do know that earlier 116GTV's had a spindle with slightly different diameters, don't know when this changed but my 77 has this smaller size. Maybe it was a running change in the life of the steel bumpers, maybe it was changed when they went plastic.
I haven't looked into whether these hubs are the same and can be interchanged with the appropriate bearings. Should check this out oneday.

Hope this is of some help.
Alan.
Alan Hopla
77' 116GTV
83' 116GTV TwinSpark
04' GT 3.2 V6, Stromboli Grey

BradGTV

thanks Alan,
mines a 83 aswell so all 'should' be good!
cheers, Brad
79 gtv sr20, 83 gtv, 83 gtv6 3.0, 75 ts x 3, 85 gtv, 76 gt, 91 164, Subey L Series, S13 silvia, Bmw e30 318i, VT SS 6spd

GTVeloce

Hi Brad

I have just swapped over the whole stub axle from a 75 TS to an 83 GTV with no hassles at all. It is quite quick and easy as it's just three ball joints (upper, lower and tie-rod end) and the brake flexible hose. The hub stays attached to the stub axle and hence the brake caliper and disc (if you want it) stays attached as well.

Cheers
Julian