98 GTV V6 - cost of lower control arm

Started by darkstar, November 02, 2011, 01:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkstar

actually, this mob ordered the part about 1.5 months ago, they only got it in last week - so it sounds like it came from o/s anyway. I'm fairly sus that they're just flat out overcharging me for the part.

emailed them over the weekend saying I can get the part from the UK for about $AUD 150 in total (rather than the $490 they want to charge me), and asking if I can supply the part, and can they get their money back on the part they've ordered?

no response from them yet...wondering if he's at a loss for what to say :)

Steve S

If it is a genuine Alfa Romeo arm $490 is not stupidly high; they are expensive. $150 will be aftermarket.

wankski

yes good point steve - these around 35-40 quid are aftermarket - but they are made in ITALY not china, and should be useful for someone wanting to keep it going for a while...

FIY sourced again from the UK genuine arms for the gtv 70 quid ea + shipping...

so still, in aus pricing is obscene...

colcol

I hope the local spare parts dealers are reading this, we get it cheaper and quicker from the UK than we do from you, sure they don't pay 10% GST, but they are up for higher shipping freight, the locals have had it good for too long, lift your service, have Paypal facilities, have an upfront freight cost and send us the correct parts, or you will go broke, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]